RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike in last week. They estimated the recall to take a couple days but took 5. Since this was their first Warrior - I figured it would be in for a week - and that's about right. The mech said there was a lot more wiring than he expected - and a steep learning curve.

Anyways when I dropped the bike off I noted that Yami wasn't giving enough time for the recall and asked if they would take a 'donation' to help curtail the time difference. They said 'naw' 'but some donuts in the morning would be nice'. I said 'you got it!'. I dropped off a couple boxes the next morning (I'm such a suck up!). I got off easy if you ask me.

Anyway - I have some advice for all getting this done at this point: Treat your mech's with courtesy and PATIENCE. I checked on their progress each day and kept telling them 'no rush' and 'take your time' and BS'd here and there. When I picked the bike up this afternoon they said that they really appreciated my patience and noted that in all their customers there were maybe 5 that were this patient and that meant a lot to them. In the end THEY TOOK VERY GOOD CARE OF ME. My mech said that this recall is a team effort between the two of us and he wants to know about >anything< that's not right. He wants me to watch for any leaking, watch the oil level, and how it's running. I really feel like I'm being taken care of.

OK - I had some O.E. HC pistons installed and a barnets pressure plate - at no extra charge. When I picked the bike up - I bumped the ecu +4 on each cylinder (yes my next purchase will be a pc3). I filled it up with premium and went for a 30 mile ride around a local lake. I did a lot of hard accels/decels along the whole way. Really, so far, aside from sounding a little louder, it runs pretty much the same. It shifts tight. Neutral is a little tougher to find - but I suspect once it loosens up a bit it'll be the same as before. It's hard to judge the power increase because I had a new metz 210 put on at the same time. I can still easily break it in 1st and 2nd. What's odd is that it doesn't back-fire as much as it did before. In fact it hasn't made one good 'shot-gun' back-fire yet. Maybe when the new rings/pistons get settled in?? I kinda miss the friendly-fire racket it used to make!

Well, I'm off work tomorrow - so I think I'll run some more donuts by in the morning. I'm >very< happy with how this all went. And the next new bike I buy will be through these guys!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I stopped in there the other day and had a chat with them. I may actually end up taking my bike up there to have the work done....I'm behind like 30 people down here in Houston.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Good to hear of a satisfied customers of this whole recall issue as opposed to hearing the same old "whose me, my bikes got a recall and I couldn't ride it over the winter months" whining.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had it back a week now. I'm not kidding or imagining something that isn't there. The bike is more responsive, starts better (don't have to give it a little gas), and now that the rings are seated - pulls stronger and harder, AND I believe I'm getting notably better mileage (I'll probably post on this if I confirm it - need to ride more). Do you think the higher compression is making it run more efficiently - and getting better mileage? I've been romping the **** out of it with city driving but appear to be getting better mileage than previous highway driving. That's pretty wild if you ask me. The next long trip I'll check the actual #'s. It's still doesn't back-fire for crap though!! Does anyone think this might be from running premium? Oh well, I'm still quite giddy with it's performance!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Rat,
noticed that too with HC pistons, hasn't backfired once! It is noisier, pulls much harder. Haven't checked mileage yet......running premium (93).

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Rat,

Where'd you get the pistons from and how much were they? I'm having a time finding them... Maybe it's that I don't know where to look?

I'm waiting on the RipSaws, AIS kit, V-BAK, Pistons, and PCiii to get her so my recall work can start. The shop did tell me that they would sit on the kit until my parts came in. The SM told me today that he'd work with me on the labor for installing the V-Bak, AIS & Pistons. I'm thinking that I shoudlpay NO MORE than 2 hours labor, based on my readings here. All the stuff will be torn down already, so that's all out of the way, and it HAS to be put back together, so the only labor would be in the *extra* time spent. And, after all, they did tell me that they were ebing paid for 10 hours labor on the recall, so after 5 units, the mech. shoudl be pretty proficient at getting these things turned around.
I also plan to go up and bribe hime with some dinner tickets and other freebies in hoped I might not be charged at all.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i would think that perhaps the lack of backfiring is because the a/f ratio is in range better than it was before....but who knows

1 - 10 of 10 Posts