RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please take a measurement of your air cylinder at full extension and full collapse. I need the measurement fron mount hole to mount hole. I'm talking about the actual movement of the cylinder itself, not how much it lifts or lowers the bike. If you get a chance to do this I would really appreciate it. I was going to at least check into the possibility of fabbing something up to use one of those all in one air ride units they make for the custom choppers. The ones where the compressor,soleniod,and air cylinder are all one unit. Figured it might be worth a try. If you have any personal experience with these units I would be interested in your thoughts also. For those of you that haven't seen them here is something like what I am talking about.

http://www.customcyclecontrols.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=41/category_id=67/home_id=67/mode=prod/prd41.htm

I know it is expensive but I think I can get a really good deal on them if I can figure out how to make it work correctly. Plus they are quite a bit quieter than other models and removes clutter under the seat.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Nice system.The only problem I see is it is a twin cylinder system.Our bikes use a single shock,so that will be way to wide.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seeing how our bikes suspension doesn't connect straight from the frame to the swingarm I don't know how it would work either without modifing the frame. I dont think changing the goemetry back there would be a good idea. I wish someone would make an all in one unit like this for our bike. I am going to pursue this a bit further but as of now I can't see how it will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts