RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping everyone knows what an MRI is. Well I had one last Friday on my back. I have photographed the results, hope you are able to read them.

·
Premium Member
2006 Warrior
524 Posts
That’s some back ache, do your legs hurt too? Sorry for your pain ☹

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Not fun is it Stryder. Find a good Nuerosurgeon and get them to work their magic. My spine has D.I.S.H and Baastrups disease along with ankylosing spondylitis and half a dozen other issues ..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I too have L5-S1 disk damage. My toes on my right foot are numb. Sorry for your pain. Hope and pray for your recovery.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too have L5-S1 disk damage. My toes on my right foot are numb. Sorry for your pain. Hope and pray for your recovery.
I can relate to the numbness as I have numb spots on the soles of my feet. When walking feel like I’m walking on stones as only about 50% feeling in feet. Numbness on the inside of both thighs makes life interesting in other aspects ( won’t go into ). Yeah it sucks, but I keep telling myself that there are people worse off, but you know pain is such a personal thing. Been living with this crap since I was 28, I’ll be 65 this year. I can only assume Baldy has found the same thing, but because of having to take meds for all these years has caused other problems to arise. What is it they say the cure is worse than the problem. After saying that let me say this, read my lips, I didn’t have sexual relations with that woman, darn I digressed again lol. I was reading the Roadliner manual and was surprised to reading the manual that it has 167 Newton metres of torque. I thought “ get the fark out of here, it must be a miss print” however I checked online and found the same thing. Yes I have given it it’s head and the best I squeezed out of her was 205kph with that brick wall of a fairing. It does have really good pulling power, but nothing like staining of your undies pull of the Warrior. Me thinks it’s more about the pulling power under load. Apparently you can load the bike right up and it pulls along the highway as if there is no weight. I must find a fat chick so I can test that out lol. Oh and Hefty, nothing from the States yet.

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
@Stryder1956 if you come to the States where the rotational forces are reversed, would the pressure be lessened instead of increased? Tell the travel visa people you are medically required to have six months vacation for that recovery to be effective. You never know until you ask!!

Hey, sorry to hear it's getting worse brother.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Been there done that, I have more metal in my back than a bridge I was lucky so to speak I was young when the **** hit the fan, I was a big truck mechanic and that just tore me up. I have had 2 major fusions on my lower back, your getting up there in age to even consider surgery my friend. Like in life you just gotta deal with it

·
Registered
2002 RS Warrior
331 Posts
Get well man. I am in my 30th but I've been having an ongoing back issues too for the last 10 years or so. Have a protrusion in L2 and L3 discs. It used to be way worst several years back. Had to learn a few minor things that made the difference. Such as proper sitting posture, diet and daily exercises for strengthening the core. All these helped to mitigate it from getting worse.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get well man. I am in my 30th but I've been having an ongoing back issues too for the last 10 years or so. Have a protrusion in L2 and L3 discs. It used to be way worst several years back. Had to learn a few minor things that made the difference. Such as proper sitting posture, diet and daily exercises for strengthening the core. All these helped to mitigate it from getting worse.
They are all good things FS, but wasn’t given that opportunity back when I was 28. The RAAF were so eager to prove I was a bludger it was under the knife. They were proved wrong, but there was another op 18 months later followed by a 3rd 18 months after that. I recommend that anyone who has a bad back to go to a Sports Science Physio before even considering seeing a surgeon to see if you can get the problem fixed without going under the knife. What the average Joe blow doesn’t realise is as soon as there is a scalpel cut, you have scar tissue. Even if your operation is a success years down the track the scar tissue will cause you heaps of trouble. I myself has scar tissue the size of a big grapefruit and inside that tissue are heaps of nerves that are being crushed by the scar tissue. It can’t be operated on as you can’t remove the scar tissue from around the nerves because if you can a new lot of scar tissue will take its place.
FS, get yourself a good kidney belt or flexible back brace for when you are riding too. I’m desperately trying to find a set of mini apes for the Roadie so I’m not leaning forward like I am at present.

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
@Stryder1956

That new 'liner must help you in the saddle. So for that I am thankful for you my brother! Screw what came before right! It would be awesome you and me on a remote road at WOT and the battle would end when I crossed the hundred mile finish line before you. Well, that's my version! We never know what the future holds.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Stryder1956

That new 'liner must help you in the saddle. So for that I am thankful for you my brother! Screw what came before right! It would be awesome you and me on a remote road at WOT and the battle would end when I crossed the hundred mile finish line before you. Well, that's my version! We never know what the future holds.
Yes AZ, the seat on the roadie is great on the back even without the gel cushion. As I said to Fly I’m searching for a set of bars so I can sit up straighter. I have a new pic for you guys too

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Hey, have they discussed surgically decompressing the disc pressing on the nerve root? As we are generally upright, and rarely (truly) decompress the spine, there is little mechanism to have the disc stop pressing. There is a weird device, called the original back bubble, (Amazon, E-bay) which hangs from a rafter or ceiling beam, it looks like an innertube. About $370.00. You ease into the center of the tube, and hang supporting yourself with your arms and upper body. Your lower half falls away from gravity, putting traction on the lower spine! L4-L5 is low in the back, so this will help. You hang in the tube for a bit every day, 1/2 hour or so, and the disc decompresses, and the pain gets better! I have used it, and it works! It seems weird, but there are not many ways to truly decompress the lower spine. I work in an OR, and we see lumbar decompressions every day. The longer you wait, the harder to reverse it. Find a good neurosurgeon or two, and find out your options. Get a second opinion, and make sure the surgeon is great. Good luck, hang in there!! (maybe literally!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before you do anything drastic like surgery, try chiropractic first. According to your mri report it’s a good possibility that could work well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts