RS Warrior Forum banner

you prefer a separate 'trade forum' or if you prefer to keep 'For Sale' and 'Trade'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Currently members who want to trade one motorcycle part for another motorcycle part use the For Sale classifieds where they also include a Price making it a 'For Sale or Trade' ad. This proposed alternative is to start a separate 'Trade' forum where members can offer items for trade without including a price, meaning no money changes hands its only trades. Note that any ad containing a price would still need to be in the For Sale forum as current.

This poll is to help determine how many would use a new 'For Trade' forum.
Your 'Yes' vote means you would use a 'Trade' forum and/or you like the idea of two separate forums.
Your 'No' vote means you would not use a 'Trade' forum and/or you like to view 'Sale' and 'Trade' ads in the same place.
An 'Indifferent' vote in this case is the same as a 'No' vote (the option can be ignored).

There is no promise or assurance this new Trade forum will be approved, but this information is needed to decide if the Moderators committee should look into it and develop the idea further.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, yes is for the seperate trade forum which will be called swap shop and no is for the way it is listed now ( 'For Sale' and 'Trade' )

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Seems to me that if you added a Trade forum it would just mean that you have to look in two places instead of one if you want something. Probably most people that are willing to trade something will take money for it and some that want money will take a trade --- so they will end up double posting, ... sounds like it will create more work and confusion....

I see more negatives than benefits here. Might be nice to hear what others are thinking.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Seems to me that if you added a Trade forum it would just mean that you have to look in two places instead of one if you want something. Probably most people that are willing to trade something will take money for it and some that want money will take a trade --- so they will end up double posting, ... sounds like it will create more work and confusion....

I see more negatives than benefits here. Might be nice to hear what others are thinking.
I Agree..

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Also agree

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well most of the swapping that would happen I would be for parts that most people would even think about that they want in the first place

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most of the swapping or trade that would happen I would be for parts that people in looking for or at 1. we're looking forward or the eventually looking they would come across things that they normally wouldn't find for sale

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
i would rather look in one place and have it in the title
WTB (want to buy)
WTS (want to sell)
WTT (want to trade)

better management/ and cleaner forum, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I could be wrong but it seems like a veiled attempt to skirt forum rules of posting a price. Anyone could offer a trade for an item listed for sale and anyone listing an item that would also be interested in a trade could say so in their add which includes a price per forum rules. After all, most of us would certainly be willing to trade certain items for cash;)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.