RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been diagnosed with lung cancer, and it was at first a huge kick to the NADS! Eleven years ago I was told I have emphysema and after several years of pushing by my Doc to retire I did so. Upon retiring I put the warrior on a lift and began to do all the mods I had stocked up, but then I dove in too deep and she has been in mod mode for going on four riding season now, and I am not sure I will ever be able to handle her again with having a lung removed! I guess I am just wondering if any other member has had this health issue and are still able to ride? I hope that I will not have to sell her as I have put a lot of money,time, and effort that I will never get back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Keep your spirits up brother! Prayers up top for you and your family.

I am not sure about lung cancer but my Dad had a different type of cancer, tumor removed, went through chemo, and then got back in the saddle.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Very sorry to hear your news.

I have no answers, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I hope you are able to complete the mods - and that your health allows you to continue riding.

All the best to you and your family Jim.

jarv

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
Very sorry to hear your news.

I have no answers, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I hope you are able to complete the mods - and that your health allows you to continue riding.

All the best to you and your family Jim.

jarv
Jim, I cannot say it any better than Jarv has.

This is a kick in the nads for all of us because you are awesome to have hanging around here with us. I hope you keep your bike. Let us hang with you through this and who knows maybe its good medicine. You are in my prayers brother.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I have had a sever health issue. it took a year and a half before could get back on the bike and I was scared but I adapted. I cant imagine not riding now. it sucks that "you got the cancer" but you can beat this and get back to your life. feel free to pm me if you need to vent. I understand all the bull$hit that you going to be feeling.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Jim, I fight cancer for a living and have seen many FIGHT and recover. That’s one reason I work so hard (and ride not nearly enough). As for specifically having one lung left, I’ll ask around with physicists and therapists in radiation therapy and PM you later this week brother. Fight with everything you can muster and set the example for us that haven’t been through it. Get second opinions if possible. Ask for a Varian TrueBeam if radiation therapy will be a part of your therapy. Whatever treatment you decide on go for it 110%.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Wow, very sorry to hear! Curious if you are (or were) a smoker? No worries if you don't want to answer that. I hope for a full recovery for you and that you get back on that bike ASAP! Be strong and fight, having had friends and family members fighting cancer I know it can make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Sorry to hear. My father in law had half of a lung removed for the same reason and lived a long time after until his heart gave out. I did not see much of a difference from before and after his operation with respect to physical capability so hopefully you will still be able to ride and get all those mods out on the road.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, very sorry to hear! Curious if you are (or were) a smoker? No worries if you don't want to answer that. I hope for a full recovery for you and that you get back on that bike ASAP! Be strong and fight, having had friends and family members fighting cancer I know it can make a big difference.
Yes unfortunately I was a smoker, quit eleven years ago and found out shortly after I had COPD/Emphysema,I also have worked in in foundries, fiberglass industries, building trades/construction/remodeling, so I have had exposures other that cigarettes. Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your well wishes It means more than you'll ever know. And that is partially why I opened up about this on the forum, this is a great community of people here that seem too have each others backs. Thanks for the response to my questions about having some physical ability to ride after this is all done. I miss my bike, and had planned on have her back on the road this summer, I can't wait to be able to show off the mods, and also show off your work Christo! I will keep everyone updated.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
Sorry to hear about your medical problem Jim. I have faced 3-4 major life threatening med problems starting from 1998 and by the grace of God i made it through them and still riding. I am sure you can beat this and be back on the torque monster in no time. Hang in there buddy, i'll be praying for you. Looking forward to seeing all your new mods.

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
Jim, I cannot say it any better than Jarv has.

This is a kick in the nads for all of us because you are awesome to have hanging around here with us. I hope you keep your bike. Let us hang with you through this and who knows maybe its good medicine. You are in my prayers brother.
I have to quote this as well! Good luck to you and yours.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Thank you all for your well wishes It means more than you'll ever know. And that is partially why I opened up about this on the forum, this is a great community of people here that seem too have each others backs. Thanks for the response to my questions about having some physical ability to ride after this is all done. I miss my bike, and had planned on have her back on the road this summer, I can't wait to be able to show off the mods, and also show off your work Christo! I will keep everyone updated.
We are family here, that is what makes this such an amazing community. Every single one of us is pulling for you Jim, always will.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and uplifting comments, I had my testing yesterday , to determine if I will have to have Chemo, or just the removal of my upper left lobe, will see Doc next Tuesday to find out.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Stay strong Jim, we are all pulling for ya. Beat that and ride on. Tons of prayers your way, like it was mentioned before, we are a big family here and got each other's back. So laugh in it's face and get the mods going when ya can... RIDE ON

·
Registered
544 Posts
Man I’m so sorry to hear that sometimes people take for granted what they don’t realize they have we are all here for you and I will keep you in my prayers, as far as the riding I have a great riding buddy in his late 50’s that rode his entire life he was diagnosed with cancer and had chemo a horrible case for him but he finally pulled through he wasn’t able to ride during do to being so weak but Be was able to get back in the saddle and enjoy his life again his wasnt lung cancer but with enough will power and faith I believe in you and feel you can beat this thing just stay strong and vent if you need to best wishes to you and your family

1 - 20 of 183 Posts