RS Warrior Forum banner

101 - 120 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
You should be at the end of radiation right? No more glowing after dark? When does chemo finish?

Just this once I will not say anything silly or make you laugh because it probably hurts right now but when the pain meds kick-in let me know and I will come up with something. Like can your eyes shine beams like Bright's down the highway while riding after radiation treatment? Do you have any superpowers now (that you did not have before)?
I have 12 more radiation treatments, and two more chemo treatments!
I was hoping the radiation might give me some super human abilities, but the only time I turn green is when I hurling.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Well my treatments have been put off because I am having a severe reaction to radiation, My skin is so burned it is sloughing off, looks a little like road rash, just a little! Also have decided I have to get a feeding tube as I am unable to get any food in with how bad my throat is tore up inside, and I am loosing weight.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Well my treatments have been put off because I am having a severe reaction to radiation, My skin is so burned it is sloughing off, looks a little like road rash, just a little! Also have decided I have to get a feeding tube as I am unable to get any food in with how bad my throat is tore up inside, and I am loosing weight.
I'm sorry to hear this Jim, I had colon cancer 10 years ago and received very aggressive chemo treatments which resulted in peripheral neuropathy, or I call it what it really is, nerve damage in my hands and feet. Right now I'm taking lots of meds and i hate to admit it but probably could cause some problems while driving. Now days when I want to ride I'll cut my meds down which causes the pain to go up but its a fair trade off, lol. I really can't do any long rides anymore but love my location because I really don't have to go far to enjoy feeling the wind in my hair! God bless, and feel better my friend.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I'm sorry to hear this Jim, I had colon cancer 10 years ago and received very aggressive chemo treatments which resulted in peripheral neuropathy, or I call it what it really is, nerve damage in my hands and feet. Right now I'm taking lots of meds and i hate to admit it but probably could cause some problems while driving. Now days when I want to ride I'll cut my meds down which causes the pain to go up but its a fair trade off, lol. I really can't do any long rides anymore but love my location because I really don't have to go far to enjoy feeling the wind in my hair! God bless, and feel better my friend.
Thanks for sharing, it doe's help when I'm feeling in the dumps!
They did warn me of that, but so far not any issues, and have two out of four chemo treatments left. It seems most of my issues are coming from radiation.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
That sucks, I really hope it gets better once the chemo is done if not before. No one really knows what a blessing good health is until it goes away for a while. Be strong and take it one day at a time, we are all pulling for you.

·
Administrator
27,897 Posts
Jim this is the time when nothing silly or stupid I joke about is going to make it any easier for you but I know in my soul you are a fighter and you know how to ignore bad crap and put on a happy face just because. When you look back at this you will shrug and remember the better parts so here's my prayer for you to get it done and get back to being healthy. As for losing weight I think most people lose a bunch at the finish line so take it as a silver lining!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Well I am finally done with radiation, I don't not wish that misery on anyone. Now I start the healing from that, and I have one more chemo treatment in two weeks, and I will be all done with these nasty treatments.

·
Administrator
27,897 Posts
Jim this is great news I hope when you are able to make it happen you might post a smiling pic of victory so we can share this finish-line moment and also so we can hope and pray alongside that its a done deal and you can get back to the good stuff in life so these parts fade into memory. Thanks for fighting. We would miss you around this joint.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Jim this is great news I hope when you are able to make it happen you might post a smiling pic of victory so we can share this finish-line moment and also so we can hope and pray alongside that its a done deal and you can get back to the good stuff in life so these parts fade into memory. Thanks for fighting. We would miss you around this joint.
35078290_1806018829455432_7017006792408301568_o.jpg Well Well Mike here is my happy mug,Down 27 pounds, Soon this will be all behind me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow I read bits and pieces of this. My prayers are going up for you now Jim. God is the great healer. Hopefully you can get back in the saddle man. Maybe go to a blessing of the bikes are Share with those fellas. Best wishes from me and my family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #119 (Edited)
So today is the final day for my Chemo treatments, and will be all done with the monsters they have been feeding me to kill my cancer. I thank each and every one of you that have shown me great support though this nightmare. Today I am also starting to show improvements from being done with the radiation that was the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life, It caused me to have a feeding tube put in , And hope fully in a few weeks that can be removed and get back to a some what normal life. So I learned that I will be on another treatment plan, every two week up to a year, I will be on a infusion drug called Daratumumab, It is kind of like Keytruda.

101 - 120 of 183 Posts