RS Warrior Forum banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Well Doctors took out my Chemo/Med port today, Now too wait two months to have next scan too see if thing are still in remission!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Thanks guys, it has been a long rough year! hoping for a good new year, and being able to get my beast back on the road.How I miss riding.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Jim,
I have been so disconnected from the world over the last 2 years and just read the entire thread (every post). I am so sorry you have to deal with this and am sending good thoughts your way....

I wish you all the best in tackling this and hope for a 'ride' in your near future. I cannot give you any life experiences that parallel anything you are going through. Mine have all been bone breaks, a lot, but nothing like cancer.

Have any of the doctor's talked about your potassium levels and the effects it has, good and bad, relating to this demon? I don't know how it works with cancer but I do know it is the fuel for our organs and it seems keeping them strong is the best we can do.

Major shout outs to Mike, Robert and all the guys that have been sending good thoughts/prayers your way, Mike, I think you just might truly be an angel, we are a better world for you being in it, thank you.

Jim, thanks for being so open about your illness, I am sure this will serve some one else when they might need a bit of cheering on.

Please do keep us up to date and hopefully we will see a picture of you (NOT photoshop'd) riding your beast....stay strong my brother and I am sorry it has taken me this long to chime in.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Thank you too all members that have sent your thoughts and prayers over the last year it mean the world to me, and has helped me stay in the fight. I will forever be great full to each of you.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Quick update to all my warrior family.
Last Monday on the 7th I had a scheduled CT to check how the cancer was doing.
I left the Hospital feeling odd, Then had pain in my chest that I get quite often form esophageal spasms. This went on all day,and seemed to move to my back.
When to bed and woke up feeling good, Drove into the Pharmacy to get flu and check on some meds, Once I got out of the car and started walking I felt light headed,and really short of breath, So I checked my Vitals and everything was low,BP,and pulse,So I left and went straight to y Doctors, They saw me and did an EKG that came back normal, so they said to watch it and if anything changed come back, On my way home I got a call form my wife asking where I was,as she had come home early from work to talk to me as she had got the results of my CT.
When I got home she met me in the garage to talk to me about the cancer,and that it had once again decided to attack the other adrenal gland, So I was taken back a bit, about it but have been through this once last year and it all worked out with the treatments.
She then asked what I had been doing and I explained what had been happening all day,and how I had been feeling,I was a little winded ,but I have COPD so I really didn't give it too much weight, But By 9PM I was really staring to struggle with breathing,So I said maybe we should go the ER.
After an hour at the ER they figured out I was having a heart attack,and decided to ship me to a cardiac hospital, Where I was monitored till morning when they could gt a echo gram on my heart, that's when everything went south fast, I could not breath, and was retaining fluid in my lungs and around the heart, I was surrounded by nurses, and they were Jonny on the Spot, the Doctors were not responding, but they got me thought that.
They had to get the fluid off so they could do a cath to cheek for cause of heart attack,and that took a few days also because the Contrast from the CT was affecting my Kidneys, and They couldn't do the Cath till the Kidneys started functioning better.
Well long story short I had two 75% blocked arteries, That they placed tents in on Monday.
Now I have to learn to eat better, Also now figure out the new treatment plan with the cancer.
Sorry to be dumping on everyone , But ! have found this to be my happy place,and have received great words of support on here.
I do want to say to everyone, life can be short. Live it to you fullest,and don't sweat the small stuff.
Ride hard ,and free.
I hope to have good enough health to finally get my beast back out this next season.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Hang in there Jim, you are a fighter and will beat this in the end. Prayers sent for you and yours. God bless.

·
Administrator
28,429 Posts
Jim with two tents you can go camping, yes?Okay okay okay. I realize how silly that is considering everything. Like how you need all the gear and cooking stuff and sleeping bags too :) so there is no possible way you can really go camping with just two tents. The doctors know that. They shorted you all the other needed gear dammit! Oh, the nerve!

Anyway if it's any consolation all I ever got was one stent/tent lol and the doctors cheated me out of cancer treatments and so what if I didn't have cancer, you know what i mean? They were just cheap-assed. No fun at all.

161 - 180 of 188 Posts