RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big shout out to Hefty Smurf ( HEFTY SMURF ) that's as loud as I can shout in text. Some months ago I was commenting on how uncomfortable the standard handle bar set-up was on the Roadie. Hefty ( from this point onwards will be known as Hefty as its easier to type ) offered me a set of 2" risers for the Roadie. Due to some technical issues it took a bit longer than estimated for them to arrive ( after swimming across the Atlantic and Indian Ocean ( fancy naming an ocean after a motorbike ) then catching the train from Perth to Melbourne then up to Sydney. From there they hitchhiked from Sydney to Brisbane. Then caught the Sunliner to my place ). If it was me I would have left the USA and backstroke across the Pacific lol.) So the arrive and I looked at them and thought wtf, how do these work ??? Luckily Hefty email some destructions and I could see that they were more a lifter. These would raise the bars 2", but push the bars back towards me by two inches. After a little trepidation I embarked on the job. When removed the bottom rider from the bike there were two large nuts that needed removing. Now he destructions said you could remove them yourself, but better to let someone who knew what they were doing to remove them. Seeing as I ddnt have a good enough spanner or socket to do it myself I took it to the local fabricator to do. I think it took him about 2 minutes to do and was charged $50 for it. So I et t home and I installed the risers Hefty sent and then I installed the bottom part of the riser. I thought how easy is this, then I went to install the top of the riser only to find that it didn't fit.it didn't fit by just over a 1/4". So I pulled it all apart and went back to speak to the fabricator. Long story short he accused me for bringing in a faulty riser. I accused him of sloppy workmanship. So I get back home and decided that I should try o fix it. Now after pulling both the new risers and the bottom riser apart I noticed that the fabricator managed to twist the base of the riser. Now with a combination of it being aluminium and shaped like a reverse shell, I knew that one slip up and it would fracture or break completely. So I armed myself with a hunk of wood and a hammer and managed to get it straightened out. I was sweating bullets the whole time I was tapping away on it. I finally got it back into shape after a few coffees and a few more smokes lol. The only trouble I have s the clutch and brake hose are a bit tight. ( gee 40+ yes ago we were only concerned with something else being tight and it wasn't no darn motorbike hose lol ). Anyway, I sorted it out to make it rideable and went on a run the next day to try it out. Rember the old days those Harley's that had the tractor seats and those widest bars, well that's how it felt and there was less leaning forwards and it felt more comfortable to ride. So a massive shout out to Hefty for his kind gift as it is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Hey what can I say, we need to take care of the elderly LOL.
But honestly, I had them sitting around here and a brother in need just happened to make a switch from the Warrior to a Liner. I am sure pretty much any of us would have done the same.
I hope these risers will let you enjoy the bike even more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts