RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the email below from Ernie's family and I plan on riding down to attend The Memorial Service's. Anyone want to join this Warrior Brother for the ride down to Say Farewell to a Dear Friend[?][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]. Let me know.

Quote: Thank you Ed, I remember hearing your name and screenname on numerous occasions.

A memorial tribute and family fundraiser will be held on Sunday, May 28th at the Bellingham Sportsmans Club, 360 Lake st. Bellingham MA from noon to 5pm. 508-883-3440. This is open to any and all who wish to come and show their support and sympathies for the family, and love and admiration for the man.

As Ernie's daughter Carrie and her boyfriend Shane have been becoming musical professionals (Cabbitha), they will be there with a PA system, likely performing a few tunes if the mood is right. Either way, the PA will be there for any announcements and tributes anyone may want to make.

Donations can be mailed to Ernie Cardeiro Family Fund c/o Cardeiro family 59 Willis Ave. Framingham MA 01702

Feel free to email with questions.

~Carrie End Quote

Insert Image:

83.56 KB

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Bellingham is down off of 495 exit 16 or 17. I can meet the northern guys in say Natick near the mall, JORDANS parking lot or Barnes and Noble... I don't anyplace near Bellingham though unless we just pick an exit off of 495 and a time...

Anybody else got a plan or idea? I freed my day but would like to be home by dinner. My weekend is already trashed...

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only plans anyone of us should have on Sunday is to Ride to The Memorial of Ernie Cardeiro. I might have 2 other Warrior Rider's heading down with me. Dave, you pick an exit off of 495 and I will meet you there. We should all meet and ride in together. It might mean having to go out of your way to meet up with us, but lets make it happen. Ernie was our friend and we need to show solidarity on his behalf. We need to ride in together as a group, cause that would have brought a smile to Ernie's face seeing us rolling as a group.

Also, Dave maybe we can meet a little earlier and take a little ride or take the long way on some country roads in Honor of Ernie before we head to The Memorial Service. Your gonna have to plan the route, cause I do not know any roads in MA. Thanks!

Ed

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
We need to go to exit 17 (Route 140 West) On I-495 and follow it to S. Maple St. on the left, S. Maple turns into Prospect St. and Lake St. is a right off of that.

It does not look like there is anything at exit 17, If we meet at Exit 18 there looks to be a McD's and a couple of gas stations, a Shell and a Mobil around the corner.

What time do we want to be there?

Ed, that really isn't my area out that way, I have not a clue where any of the roads go... Isn't Mongo or Scooter from near there? I can meet you a little further North if you want?

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exit 18 sounds fine at the MD's for the whole group gathering. I would rather have our group ride together as long as possible. Is it to far out of the way for the rest of the rider's to meet up at Rt 9?

Everyone chirp in on this topic, please.

Dave,
You want to still meet me at the Rt. 9 DD's like you and I talked about this morning? Why not post those direction's, so if anyone wants to ride further up they can plan accordingly.

Once I get to look at a map and I can get a time frame nailed down for my drive time I will post up. Dave, what time do we want to meet at Rt. 9 ?

quote:Originally posted by DNGrumpy

We need to go to exit 17 (Route 140 West) On I-495 and follow it to S. Maple St. on the left, S. Maple turns into Prospect St. and Lake St. is a right off of that.

It does not look like there is anything at exit 17, If we meet at Exit 18 there looks to be a McD's and a couple of gas stations, a Shell and a Mobil around the corner.

What time do we want to be there?

Ed, that really isn't my area out that way, I have not a clue where any of the roads go... Isn't Mongo or Scooter from near there? I can meet you a little further North if you want?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
There are 2 DD on Rte. 9 off of 495 on the Worcester side in Westboro. One East and one West. That (Eastbound side)is where I'll wind up if I ride from my house and stay off of the highway. I can meet whomever there or go further out to Natick...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.