RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After multiple emails about what I did/what I used. Here's the install for the MS Bullet Fairing. You don't have to modify the Fairing, or brackets. I did, however...painted and added slim mount signals. You will have to stop at ACE hardware and pick up 4x of "b" to accomodate the spacer collars (a). Quick run down:

***Stock turn signals may have to be removed***

Parts:
-MS Bullet Trigger Plates only (I used the ones for the Stryker:pN 2321-0202 for black, or 2321-0191 for chrome)
-MS 48-55mm Extendable Fork Clamps, PN MEM9954. 2 Pair
-MS Bullet FX for Stryker PN 2330-0080

It's pretty straight forward. Attach the plates to the fairing with the provided hardware, but don't tighten them down just yet.

The clamps are the trouble. The collars that come with clamps are too small of diameter and the plates just slip off. Luckily, a buddy of mine had some that fit exactly to the plate cut outs. The 4x bolts will give you enough play to get a sandwich of washers or whatever you can come up with. Or you can try and order just those from MS. You'll have to go thru the parts list of the complete trigger package.

Once you have that all sorted out, loose mount all the clamps to the bike. ***Carefull they'll scratch.***

Stick the fairing on and get it situated where you want. Tighten up the clamps.

Lock in the fairing, and tighten the hardware.

There is another Bullet (I think Big Daddy brought it up in the other post pn2330-0079) you can you that has a smaller headlight opening, I chose to have a 1/4" of space around to accamodate a flex LED ring eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a problem fella's. Glad I could help.

JDrum, finished product is in my gallery

·
Registered
336 Posts
Per the response from Memphis Shades:

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 3:11 PM
To: 'customerservice'
Subject: RE: Bullet Fairing for Yamaha Warrior

Hello Bryon,

I believe the Bullet Fairing in the photo is Part# 2330-0080. The mounting plates that are the correct width for your forks are the Plate Only Kit# 2321-0245. In addition to this you would need the Fork Clamps. I have been putting together fork clamps for warrior owners to install batwing fairings and a couple for bullet fairings. I have not personally installed a bullet fairing on a warrior. If you are
Interested in the clamps and prepared to do a little custom fitting then send a check for $60 made out to St. Jude Children's Hospital to:

Memphis Shades Inc.
P.O.Box 429
Rossville, TN 38066
Attn: Steve Freeman
Include a note with your complete address and "Please Send Warrior
Fork Clamps"

Thank you,
Steve Freeman

This is the bullet fairing in question.

·
Registered
58 Posts
just so i understand the money you sent to Memphis Shades for clamps went to St. Jude Children's Hospital? that's awesome

·
Registered
259 Posts
Memphis Shades is a truely great group of people, long time supporters of St. Jude!! Will never buy a windshield from anyone else!! Steve and everyone there are very helpful..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow! that looks mean! I like it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good Outlaw!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Think I am going to do this very soon. I have the yamaha mini fairing and love its function but am not fond of its look. This matches the lines of the bike much better. how is it on the highway?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Has anyone that put a Memphis Shades Bat Wing fairing on their Warrior tried popping it off and checking to see if a Bullet fairing would fit on your bat wing brackets? I was going to take my BatWing off for the summer and put my Boulevard wind screen back on, but would rather use a Bullet fairing for the summer. If no one has, I wonder what Steve Freeman thinks about it. If he thinks it might work, I'll buy one and let you guys know how it works out. I've sent Steve a email. When he responds I'll let you know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone that put a Memphis Shades Bat Wing faring on their Warrior tried popping it off and checking to see if a Bullet fairing would fit on your bat wing brackets? I was going to take my BatWing off for the summer and put my Boulevard wind screen back on, but would rather use a Bullet fairing for the summer. If no one has, I wonder what Steve Freeman thinks about it. If he thinks it might work, I'll buy one and let you guys know how it works out. I've sent Steve a email. When he responds I'll let you know.
I was wondering the opposite for the batwing...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Would one of you please post some profile (side) shots with the fairing installed. I an really interested in one of these

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 78 Posts