RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I was wondering the opposite for the batwing...
Steve Freeman replied to my email. He said he hasn't ever did it, but he thinks you would have to move the fork brackets down a little from the BatWing position to make the bullet fit. So I guess bullet owners would just need to raise your fork brackets up.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love the look of the bullet fairing! My bike's in paint shop now, and just called painter to tell him that I have an extra fairing to paint! I'll post pics when done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not sure anyone has said yet but hows the wind protection, better than the yammi boulevard? As good as a tall shield?
Gets me thinking!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm about 6'...there's a small buffer zone. I can tell the difference if I fully sit up like I'm trying to peek over the car in front of me, feels like I'm riding with nothing. It's not much of wind protection, or any, at highway speeds. This mod is mainly for looks, nothing more. Unless you have a short torso then it should actually give you more of a buffer zone. For me, after 75+mph, and/or headstrong into the wind, it's like it's not even there.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
That is a great craftsmanship, this faring looks way better than any other Warrior compatible models. I strongly recommend Alan's bracket mod, it will accommodate the fairing perfectly.

As for me, this is my fairing for long rides:

and the short ones:

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Great job! Still the DG 3 inchers are also discontinued. I don't get it why all companies dropped the shorties. I wonder what I will do when time comes to replace the pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Outlawarrior, can you please take a close-up picture with the fairing from front?
Is there any space between the headlight and fairing? Thanks!
Also, please update the Dennis Kirk link, is broken.

The more I look at it, the more I love it. I might have to chop the fairing a bit to make it look custom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Okay i put one on today. Only thing I have to contribute is that if you do this it fits, but there is a tapered area on the forks that is a pain in the ass to avoid. And there's a clutch cable harness loop that I bent to get clearance on the upper left clutch side to fit the fork clamp on. Also the black trigger locks from Memphis shades are on back order to 5-7-13. I got polished. One pic here. Only rode 5 miles or so. Dropped it of for tires and maintance at Rogans in Aliquippa/center Twp. ImageUploadedByMO Free1365812653.376675.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had the bullet fairing installed about a month ago. Used the Stryker fairing and fork clamps from Steve Freeman at MS. I even brought my nike to him in Daytona during bike week to thank him on behalf of us Warrior riders. He was happy with the look and took lots of pictures.

I would say that fairing pushes wind into my face, but takes it completly off the chest. At speeds above 65, I can crouch down and find a sweet spot with no wind at all...

Attachments

21 - 40 of 78 Posts