RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I made it easy for you! Click on the link and edit the text with all proper links and parts for all of us to use! All I need is the exact part numbers and where to buy them. Thanks bro.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The bike looks great! You have so many mods done that are in my list to do, it's inspiring to see them all together and how great they flow on the bike. Good work man, you should be proud.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Okay... I'm digging this look. Can you or anyone clarify exactly what is needed to mount to a Warrior... as simply as possible?

1) Fairing (for Stryker) Pt# 2330-0080
2) Mounting Plate Pt# 2321-0245
3) Trigger Lock Mounting Kit Pt# ?????

Is this correct? I got lost with all the Dennis Kirk broken links for adjustable fork clamps and what not.

Thanks... wasn't even considering a fairing until I saw pics of your guys' bikes!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Been a while since my last log-in...what seems to be the problem?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Okay... I'm digging this look. Can you or anyone clarify exactly what is needed to mount to a Warrior... as simply as possible?

1) Fairing (for Stryker) Pt# 2330-0080
2) Mounting Plate Pt# 2321-0245
3) Trigger Lock Mounting Kit Pt# ?????

Is this correct? I got lost with all the Dennis Kirk broken links for adjustable fork clamps and what not.

Thanks... wasn't even considering a fairing until I saw pics of your guys' bikes!
First off...the parts

1. 2321-0245 isn't needed and not even sure where you got that MS PN.
2. For the Trigger Plate (PN 2321-0202 for black, or 2321-0191 for chrome) it's what connects the Fairing to the Clamps on the forks. There is a "KIT" that has these plates in it, DON'T order it...you'll be stuck with Stryker Fork Diameter clamps that don't fit. Order the PN I supplied and you get just the plates.
3. The clamps are roughly $25+shipping a pair on google or you can go with the StJude donation. (Donate, it's good for your soul)

I was just trying to clarify which hardware and how easily removable the fairing was.
Ease of removal...
1. Find the two locks, one on each side...pull up on the lock mechanism, it's unlocked.
2. Grab the upper sides of bullet and pull away from headlamp.
3. Enjoy Beer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Anyone install the MS Bullet Booster Wing atop the fairing?

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that the Bullet is the best looking fairing, but are you guys happy with the wind protection? Or is it mostly for looks?

I know a clear shade (clearview or boulevard) would be best for wind, but I don't like the way it looks. It seems like a waste if I'm only going to want to use it on long trips.

I have a corbin with a backrest and that worked wonders when I rode a few hundred miles in a weekend this fall. The two parts that ached were my legs/knees (fighting to stay on the pegs) and my wrist (carpel tunnel from a deskjob doesn't help). I was going fast, but my body wasn't sore at all - I'm far from being in shape.

Outlawarrior: you went from a screen to this. Have you felt the need to switch back or does the Bullet handle it well?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yamaha Bullet Fairing

Looks like they Make it specifically for the warrior now.

So we should not have to buy fork clamps if we get warrior kit?
Well good, they added the package to the application chart.

Outlawarrior: you went from a screen to this. Have you felt the need to switch back or does the Bullet handle it well?
The Bullet does not keep the wind off of my face, I either wear a bandana and good glasses or a full face helmet.
I can easily pop the Bullet off and slide the shield on but usually don't.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do you have a picture from the rider view?
Sure.

Even a little lower now that I have installed 6 degree trees.

Without Booster, about chest high.
Not a lot of face protection.

With Booster, about lower lip high with a sharp kick up.
Still have not had a chance to get out and give it a try but it has to make a noticeable difference.

Will let you know...

41 - 60 of 78 Posts