RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I hope you can point me in the right direction. I want to put my Chopper's Inc rear pegs on my Warrior but have a threadsize issue. The best solution I came up with is to have a custom threaded rod made. I need to fit a M10 x 1.25 hole thats on the frame to a 3/8" coarse thread on my pegs.

Any suggestions or referrals?

thanks,

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
These pegs? http://shop.choppersinc.com/Products/Six-Gun-Foot-Pegs---Passenger__CH305.aspx

Ask them if they have a Grade 5 stud adapter M10 to 3/8" coarse: http://shop.choppersinc.com/ContactUs.aspx

Some larger ACE hardware stores have studs that are SAE on one side and M on the other side. They also have studs to convers SAE fine to coarse thread. I was just looking at somestuds at an ACE across town. They were in the G5 section but they were not marked for Grade. That same store is the one I posted about that also had a ton of top-end chrome fasteners. These converting studs were not chrome of course.

miami_warrior said:
Hey guys I hope you can point me in the right direction. I want to put my Chopper's Inc rear pegs on my Warrior but have a threadsize issue. The best solution I came up with is to have a custom threaded rod made. I need to fit a M10 x 1.25 hole thats on the frame to a 3/8" coarse thread on my pegs. Any suggestions or referrals? thanks,

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
They look like these but these are 1/2" (scroll down): http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partskawmirror.htm/SID=PUT_SID_HERE

ADDED: The ACE site doesn't list SAE to M studs, must be my error I was sure I saw them in the store but now I'm not-so-sure: https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(23xrlx45cttn34vl4nxedg55)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=2147001954 So just the link above is helpful if you can dig out your top-quality hardened tap-and-die set and use your 3/8" die to transform the1/2" thread into 3/8" coarse by re-threading, while not damaging the opposite thread. I'm nearly certain these automotive studs areGrade 5.

ADDED: I just got off the Kury website and its a new format and its harder to get around. I sent them an email and complained (who me?)
.I don't think these will fit your pegs, they are made to put Kury's HD pegs onto metrics: http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/18/scID/47/IMID/1551

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off I want to thank you all for your replies. I woke up today thinking on the matter and decided to go and buy a 3/8" coarse bolt to see if it will slide through the m10 whole without jaming. This way I can simply bolt the peg from the other side of the frame since its completely open all the way through.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Probably not going to work....the 3/8" hardware will have a major diameter of approx 9.5mm, so putting them through the hole for the M10 hardware which will have a major diameter of 10mm (in the valley of the threads) but a minor diameter of closer to 9mm (at the peak) isn't going to fit.

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
The OD is nearly identical but you would ruin the metric threads from not being a tight fit. Why not cough-up an buy HD pegs or Kury pegs, or at least call and see if the peg mfg makes a stud. They might.

10mm = .3937 3/8" = .375

miami_warrior said:
First off I want to thank you all for your replies. I woke up today thinking on the matter and decided to go and buy a 3/8" coarse bolt to see if it will slide through the m10 whole without jaming. This way I can simply bolt the peg from the other side of the frame since its completely open all the way through.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A friend of mine made a suggestion about using the peg supports that came with the warrior except grind off the part that held the folding pegs and drill a hole to mount the new pegs. I don't know about that look though. I was hoping to clean it up by placing an insert thus making it flush with the frame and direct bolt the peg from Choppers inc which matches perfectly with my grips and risers. This way it will look real clean.

What do you think about me grinding open the M10 hole down some to fit the 3/8" bolt. My firend also suggested retapping the choppers inc peg to fit the M10 bolt. I think that it might screw up the pegs.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
miami_warrior .... since you're not looking for folding passenger pegs
an effective solution would be to modifythe existing Warrior peg support bracketthat mounts to the frame. With a grinder or Dremel cut-off tool you can remove the welded short U-channel that is a steel fabrication. Grind the exposed surface flat and drill and countersink from the rear of the bracket for a 3/8"-16 flat head socallen screw. Rattle can paint the ground surface and use some blue thd lock on the high strength allen bolt

Modify these brackets: http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157602601839146/detail/

Another easy solution is picking up 2 or 4-SS or chrome/steel spacers to use as stand-offs to the frame with the stock bolts. A pc of 1/8" steelor 1/4" thk aluminum mat'lshaped as a tear drop drilled to matchthe frame (1 or 2 holes)and an additional hole for the 3/8"peg.

Either of the above will be less involved than cutting a thdIMO.

You can also just open up the M10 x 1.25p frame hole very veryslightly. The tap drill for that size (M10x1.25p)is 8.8mm (0.3465") so there won't be much stock removal and the 3/8"-16 is probably 0.010" undersize. You can use a bolt from behind as you stated earlier w/ a short stand-off and chrome washer to the new peg!.

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
You are mounting these new pegs on the rear on your Warrior as passenger pegs,right?

miami_warrior said:
A friend of mine made a suggestion about using the peg supports that came with the warrior except grind off the part that held the folding pegs and drill a hole to mount the new pegs. I don't know about that look though. I was hoping to clean it up by placing an insert thus making it flush with the frame and direct bolt the peg from Choppers inc which matches perfectly with my grips and risers. This way it will look real clean.

What do you think about me grinding open the M10 hole down some to fit the 3/8" bolt. My firend also suggested retapping the choppers inc peg to fit the M10 bolt. I think that it might screw up the pegs.

Thoughts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts