RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 280 35 r18 rear. Anyone know a good pressure for single rider with tread longevity in mind? I’ve read many conflicting numbers in internet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Copley Warrior;
I have been running 36psi in mine for the last two riding seasons and have just under 6k on the set with a long way to go before they require swapping out. I do not engage in any burn-outs or other crazy stuff but do ride a lot of twisty roads where I can really crank her over. Hope this helps and again this is what I am running and their might be different
opinions out there. Ride Safe and Be Safe.
Rg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copley Warrior;
I have been running 36psi in mine for the last two riding seasons and have just under 6k on the set with a long way to go before they require swapping out. I do not engage in any burn-outs or other crazy stuff but do ride a lot of twisty roads where I can really crank her over. Hope this helps and again this is what I am running and their might be different
opinions out there. Ride Safe and Be Safe.
Rg
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I run my 250 at about 40 psi..
I think it has some to do with your weight
I'm A Muscular guy LOL..so 40 psi works for me.. any lower , and It feels sluggish
And heavy. And more and it feels like it just topple over...

Psi is something that your gonna play around with till u get it the way you want and handles gr8t also....

And I do all sorts of different riding styles

City , highway, and mountain roads , and my favorite the SoCal Canyon roads ...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I made the wheel wider, the installers forgot to release the pressure after mounting. And I rolled half a year with 50psi... Then, at the next maintenance, I measured the air pressure in the wheels and was surprised))) I bleed it down to 37psi and when i ridden was unpleasantly surprised how much worse the bike began to be controlled, the usual efforts to turn/lean it became few.

In normal practice, I use the range of 30-43psi for rear wheel and 25-37psi(less than 30psi I feel like using bad tire) for front wheel.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’m running a 240 rear and when I got my bike serviced they put 41psi in it. As I have a questioning mind I asked why and the mechanic said because I was a big guy.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
I usually ride with 36 up front and 40 out back. I am beefy as well but the bike feels better to me this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts