RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive done about 2k on my Metzler Me 888 tires. Ive ridden them in all sorts of florida weather. Mainly really really wet to really wet and hot and just hot.

They stick really well even in down pours. And have no issue with keeping traction no matter how wet the road is. I never felt the need to slow down due to the amount of rain or how wet the road was. They also offer a pretty smooth ride. Im expecting to get about 10k out of the rear.

Figured id post this incase anyone was curious about them.

·
Registered
769 Posts
My favorite tires! I regret not putting them on but I wanted to try the Avon Storms. While the Avon’s are good the Metzler’s felt better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,975 Posts
@CrypticApathy,

May I ask exactly which model of the ME888 front and rear tires you got (standard or ultra or ?) and are they stock sizes?

Also could I ask about what you paid and where you got 'em and the date code on each tire?

I ask because these are marketed as touring tires so should get longer mileage but my experience years ago was they wore flat in the center if I went somewhere that required long freeway stints or any long roads without adequate twisties to lean much.

If something has changed it would be good to know. I realize my geographic area likely differs from yours but I am always curious!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@CrypticApathy,

May I ask exactly which model of the ME888 front and rear tires you got (standard or ultra or ?) and are they stock sizes?

Also could I ask about what you paid and where you got 'em and the date code on each tire?

I ask because these are marketed as touring tires so should get longer mileage but my experience years ago was they wore flat in the center if I went somewhere that required long freeway stints or any long roads without adequate twisties to lean much.

If something has changed it would be good to know. I realize my geographic area likely differs from yours but I am always curious!

I'm running stock size.

They are the ultras

I paid $550 for tires+mounting.

Date is week 45(November i think)of 2019

I got them at my local shop, corsa moto works.

This is my first set of them. The previous owner had shitkos on it. And I wouldn't put those on a push mower.

Although I ran several sets of Metzler m7rrs and had no issues with flat spots.

I'll put up a post when I comes time for a new set and let you know how I feel and what kinda millage I got out of the rear.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
The Metz ME888 Ultra is also a dual compound tire that should work well. My bike had an older Metz ME880 that was almost new but sat some years so didn't want to change it when I first got the bike since it needed other things first. That tire only lasted me 4k till it was so flat in the middle that it rode like crap.

·
Administrator
28,975 Posts
The Metz ME888 Ultra is also a dual compound tire that should work well. My bike had an older Metz ME880 that was almost new but sat some years so didn't want to change it when I first got the bike since it needed other things first. That tire only lasted me 4k till it was so flat in the middle that it rode like crap.

Yesterday I could not find dual compound starements on their factory site, it talks about tread pattern technology, and a harder compound to extend mileage. It also mentions its designed for heavy touring and doesn't mention if sticky in the twisties. Help me find it!!

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
I got excellent mileage on a couple of Metzeler ME880 240/40VR18 Rear Tires in the past before dual durometer tire technology.
  • Dec '08', bike lowered 1", Metzeler 240/40R18 on a 18 x 8-1/2" Kosman weld-up whleel.
    With this combination it's not uncommon when riding the twisties to go over the edge of the tire and TWI indicators which causes the scalloping on the edge. This particular tire wasn't ridden hard - no chicken strip here & i ain't no hotshot rider ;)

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Yesterday I could not find dual compound starements on their factory site, it talks about tread pattern technology, and a harder compound to extend mileage. It also mentions its designed for heavy touring and doesn't mention if sticky in the twisties. Help me find it!!

Yeah I am so sorry. It is the Roadtec and the Cruisetec which are duals. I was looking at old pictures to see what my Warrior had when I bought it and trying to read up on the new 888 and go a little confused.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So ive done about 2k on my Metzler Me 888 tires. Ive ridden them in all sorts of florida weather. Mainly really really wet to really wet and hot and just hot.

They stick really well even in down pours. And have no issue with keeping traction no matter how wet the road is. I never felt the need to slow down due to the amount of rain or how wet the road was. They also offer a pretty smooth ride. Im expecting to get about 10k out of the rear.

Figured id post this incase anyone was curious about them.
The best tire. I have the on the Warrior and two other bikes.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The best tire. I have the on the Warrior and two other bikes.
So far i have ridden through 2 thunderstorms on them. And traction wasnt a issue and i never lost confidence in them. It was on a straight line though. I havnt had the opporunity to test them during **** weather in corners. But i feel good that they will preform as expected.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I switched from Avons to Metzlers 888 for a couple of years now. I think they handle and last better for everyday riding.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had a practice of using 880 in the size 240/40 R18. This gave me the worst control in my practice. Especially on wet surfaces. And this effect lasted the entire period of use, which was only 14500 km - the penultimate result in my experience.

I've got smaller milliage with Pirelli Diablo, but her handling was fantastic, even in heavy rain. So, after this I dont belive the ME:unsure:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts