RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Metzeler will not give me the recommended pressure for my new ME888 in size 280/35R18. They said they cannot legally recommend pressure because it’s not an OEM fitment. Can anyone give me a pressure range for a single rider? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I run my Avon 250 @ 42psi...
Single rider

Look at side wall of tire it should have it there....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metzeler will not give me the recommended pressure for my new ME888 in size 280/35R18. They said they cannot legally recommend pressure because it’s not an OEM fitment. Can anyone give me a pressure range for a single rider? Thanks in advance.
I guess I am looking for pressure for optimum tread wear. I’ve read over and over here where guys are literally running differing pressures no more than 4psi apart from each other and every person is saying something drastically different about tread life. I was looking for the sweet spot with this specific model tire.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
The typical specs are 40-42 psi on the earlier ME880
I run cold @ 42 psi on my 240/40R18
IMO optimum wear will only be achieved on the preferred wheel width of 10" for the 280/35R18 profile

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
I subscribe to the SAE and racing principle that the PSI recommended for the vehicle is what you stay with. I could not find that exact material on the internet right now. But I found the following which is pretty much what I think is the best path.

The weight of your vehicle didn't change just because you changed to a larger tire. A larger tire needs more air volume, but it doesn't need higher pressure. Weight of the vehicle and handling are what determines air pressure, not tire size. ... It's the pressure that holds up the car, not the volume of air.

+1 tread life depends on the correct / optimum rim width matching the tire. Plus the tire must be rated for at least the psi the vehicle spec requires. There are several things working in concert here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I subscribe to the SAE and racing principle that the PSI recommended for the vehicle is what you stay with. I could not find that exact material on the internet right now. But I found the following which is pretty much what I think is the best path.

The weight of your vehicle didn't change just because you changed to a larger tire. A larger tire needs more air volume, but it doesn't need higher pressure. Weight of the vehicle and handling are what determines air pressure, not tire size. ... It's the pressure that holds up the car, not the volume of air.

+1 tread life depends on the correct / optimum rim width matching the tire. Plus the tire must be rated for at least the psi the vehicle spec requires. There are several things working in concert here.
Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts