RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Updating for 2012***

So I will first start by apologizing for no longer owning a warrior. Just happens sometimes. But If need be I can borrow it back from freddieboy(Joys of selling to a friend). I have been looking at cruisers again, but have too many bikes as it is to justify.

Even though I have been off riding dualsports, dirtbikes, sportbikes, and supermotos I am still here for whatever you guys need. I am pumped to see this thread still alive. This is a great place to organize rides, meets, or just general info. So keep it up!

Due to this amazing summer like weather in March here in Michigan its time to start the planning...

So there are a few events that I know I am going to attend. And some classics I recomend.

The usuals:
Baldwin Blessing of the Bikes: http://www.motorcyclelife.net/motorcycle-events/motorcycleevent.cfm?ID=7510
Midnight Ride: http://www.mi-gmidnightriders.org/2011midnight_ride.htm
Bo's Bash : http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/36-...ugust-23-26-2012-warrior-meet-ohio-there.html
Muskegon Bike time: http://www.muskegonbiketime.com/
The Wide open throttle Fest (T.W.O.T): http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/32-...-throttle-fest-ii-2012-april-28-may-05-a.html
And of course Bike nights in Lansing at Hooters

A couple new things:

-Fox Powersports is hosting a "Drag" night- they are renting out the 131 speedway drag strip. get on there mailing list to recieve details. Oh yeah it's a freeeeeeebie!
-There is rumors of a Grand Rapids Bike week type event
-My buddies and I are tossing around a cirle lake tour.

I did not make a list of the all the Michigan warriors this time. but I am guessing about 30 are on this thread.

So I do not know what I doing for sure this year, due to a busy schedule this year of track days, supermoto days, and such. But I am thinking Amanda and I are in for Midnight ride, blessing of the bikes, and Muskegon Bike time.

Oh yeah, for those of you that know me well I am finally about healed up from the Wreck last year and riding again. Gonna take more than a nasty highside at Grattan to stop me!!!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Z, I'm in for as many get togethers as I can make. The Lansing Hooters bike night worked out well because it is so centrally located.

Probably one of the first discussions should be about WF5 and who is going and when. That will probably kick off theevent season for us. Kind of get an idea of who is planning to go and when, without taking up a bunch more room in the ongoing WF5 Open Disscussion thread. I know you are planning on trailering down, but I don't remember when. Maybe add a list at the top of this thread or start a separate one just for that.

Anyway, thanks for being the social activity coordinator.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Thumper and I are in the Lansing area. We'll be up for it. Let us know!

(just getting mine painted, new clutch, and some other little goodies!)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rdarnitall said:
Probably one of the first discussions should be about WF5 and who is going and when. That will probably kick off theevent season for us. Kind of get an idea of who is planning to go and when, without taking up a bunch more room in the ongoing WF5 Open Disscussion thread. I know you are planning on trailering down, but I don't remember when. Maybe add a list at the top of this thread or start a separate one just for that.

Good Call man! I will keep on ongoing list of the Michigan Warriors heading down and estomated dates heading down to WF5 on the first Post of this thread. Here's the first
of the season to you!

If your a Michigan Warrior heading down to WF5 post your name to add to the list to "represent" at WF5...

-Z

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would love to get together this summer whenever it works out. Let me know when you have something cooking. Lansing sounds good to me also. I have not yet decided if WF is in the cards for me this year. I have never been soI would love to make the trip. I would probably want totrailer if I go.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats it so far..... 4 Michigan warriors. I am bumping this thing!

Let's see some hands people

Here's the people I am looking for

KzoWarrior- Got Him!

WyomingWarrior(he does live in Michigan now) Finaly Showed Up!

Mudfreak if he does not sell his bike before summer

starkissed and her hubby Leon

Independent Finally Spoke up too..LOL

Jremacle

Sharp Roy got him!

Nads59

Ingoldx1

Brooks

Freejay

Tonsofun

To name a few, after searching for Michigan warriors

Maybe some of the original warrior minds

Cru

AlanH

If your in Michigan chime in

-Z

·
Registered
780 Posts
I talked to Sharp and he is up for some riding this summer, but he can't make WF this year. I am working on getting MotorCityWarrior to go, but he just started a new job, so he doesn't know about getting the time off. We'll see.

·
Registered
780 Posts
-Z, go ahead and update me to the following:

Leaving 4/21/10 - Coming back 4/25/10

That will make it one step closer to actually happening.

·
Registered
780 Posts
wjwiz62 said:
Z, I'm in for any get togethers this year, keep us informed!

Bill

Bill, welcome to the forum. If you haven't alreaady figured it out, there are some great guys here that are always eager to help with any questions that you might have.

Where abouts are you located?

Later, Roy

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wjwiz62 said:
Roy,

I'm located in Grand Rapids

Hey in my neck of the woods.

Welcome to the forum! Nice bike I always like the black Cherry color. Like Roy said you will find more info than one will ever need about the warrior here and a lot of really nice helpful people.

If you ever need a hand with the bike, or wanna grab a beer let me know?

-Z

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump
I am not giving up on you Michigan Warriors

Any more Michigan Warriors coming to WF5?

Any other Michigan Warrior in general for this summer?

-Z

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

I just recently purchased my Midnight and love it! I'm here to represent southwestern Michigan and I think it would be cool to meet up with some other Warrior owners for a couple rides this summer.

Whats the deal with the WF5?I've never heard of it until now.

·
Registered
780 Posts
FerrisRyders said:
Hi all,

I just recently purchased my Midnight and love it! I'm here to represent southwestern Michigan and I think it would be cool to meet up with some other Warrior owners for a couple rides this summer.

Hey Jerad, I just noticed that another member here (Scott), works at a nuclear plant here in MI and if I remember right it is the one there by Benton Harbour. He said he is a reactor operator. Do you know him by chance?

FerrisRyders said:
Whats the deal with the WF5?I've never heard of it until now.

WF5 is the 5th annual Warriorfest meeting down in the Smokie Mountains (Deals Gap area). It is going to be April 17th - 24th this year. -Z started this pageto bea list of MI riders that are going down. If you do a search on 'WF5 open discussion' you will see the big list and a bunch of links for lodging and attractions. There is also lots of pages of discussion, but don't let that scare you away. You'll know what I mean when you read it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Hey guys! Glad to see some action here in Michigan!! I'm not on the internet too much anymore but am up for riding this summer!!! I already have more than 3 weeks of vaction time to use up and will be aquiring more as time goes on!!!

Wife's not going to give me permission to go to WF5 but definitely will be hitting up a lot of bike nights and would love to plan a ride to the bridge sometime this summer

·
Registered
780 Posts
wyomingwarrior said:
Hey guys! Glad to see some action here in Michigan!! I'm not on the internet too much anymore...

Hey Mike, you are still kickin'. I was putting together a list of MI members earlier today and noticed that you hadn't been around since December. I thought something had happened. Too bad you can't make it to WF5, but we will definetly have to get together again for some local events and riding.

Don't be a stranger

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wyomingwarrior said:
would love to plan a ride to the bridge sometime this summer

Midnight ride my man....August 21st in Rockford MI. Over 2000 riders leave at midnight and ride all night long to Mackinaw. I did it last year was a blast... Maybe we can get a group together for the ride this year?

·
Registered
780 Posts
The ride up there is a good idea, but I don't think I really want to wait in line with 2000 bikes at the gas station every 100 miles.
Asmaller group sounds good though.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts