RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
rdarnitall said:
[ Hey Jerad, I just noticed that another member here (Scott), works at a nuclear plant here in MI and if I remember right it is the one there by Benton Harbour. He said he is a reactor operator. Do you know him by chance?

Jerad is my nephew - my wife and his mom are sisters - and he is one awesome dude.I'm hoping I hadsomething to do with him chosing a warrior.
I'm all for getting together this summer with a bunch of fellow warriors. I'll be at the Muskegon Bike Time without doubt. I've been the last couple years and it's great.

·
Registered
262 Posts
hey Z, wow its awesome to see my name up on this thing. cant make it to WF5, not enough time . the ride to the bridge would be awesome, the gas thing would suck. im going to some easyrider events, and maybe wetzel.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Scott said:
rdarnitall said:
Hey Jerad, I just noticed that another member here (Scott), works at a nuclear plant here in MI and if I remember right it is the one there by Benton Harbour. He said he is a reactor operator. Do you know him by chance?

Jerad is my nephew - my wife and his mom are sisters - and he is one awesome dude.I'm hoping I hadsomething to do with him chosing a warrior.
I'm all for getting together this summer with a bunch of fellow warriors. I'll be at the Muskegon Bike Time without doubt. I've been the last couple years and it's great.

Scott, I figured it was probably not a coincidence. So, is there any friendly, family competition going on between the 2 Warriors?

I have heard that the Muskegon Bike event is real nice. I think I will plan on making it over there on Saturday the 17th. That may even be a ride that I can talk my wife into making with me. 3 hours is stretching the amount of time that she wants to spend riding on the back.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
rdarnitall said:
The ride up there is a good idea, but I don't think I really want to wait in line with 2000 bikes at the gas station every 100 miles.
Asmaller group sounds good though.

Roy, It actually not that bad. I usually show up early to the start to shoot the $hit and look at bikes(You know me) but then you are leading the pack of riders. My GF's dad is part of the wingers and My GF is the Official Photographer for the Midnight ride. But all of the towns where the caravan stops have a ton of gas stations so It's never really a problem. Last year I saw 2 Midnight warriors neither from the site though( I did tell them about the site). After the first stop the whole caravan breaks up into smaller groups anyways.

kzowarrior said:
hey Z, wow its awesome to see my name up on this thing. cant make it to WF5, not enough time . the ride to the bridge would be awesome, the gas thing would suck. im going to some easyrider events, and maybe wetzel.

Kzoo, Oh yeah your name was on here... I am on a hunt to gather Michigan warriors.Shame about WF5 but always next year..Plus Bo's Bash, and Return to the dragon in Late summer. I will starting getting some info together and start planning for the Midnight ride, Muskegon Bike week. Tell me more about the Easyrider event and Wetzel?

Scott said:

Scott, I did not see you there last year. Although everyone was hiding from the rain last year. I think we should a good sized group of warrior for Muskegon Bike week. One of my buddies is a Yamaha rep and he is planning on going Big at MBW so a good place for Yamaha showing

I am starting to get pumped for this season...I rode today to work for the first time of the season. It's officially here!

-Z

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rode in to work on monday and tuesday and it felt great. Good to be back on two wheels again. Can't wait to go to some bike nights this summer. Hooters in Lansing was a good ride and the scenery isn't too bad to look at either. Looks like I will not be able to make it to WF this year.
I just have too many things going on that require money and time at the end of april. I will be able to make it to bo's bash again this year though. That was alot of fun. Anyone plan on going to the blessing of the bikes in Baldwin this year? It is always the weekend after mothers day in May. We usually head up on Saturday, camp, and then ride out with everyone on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Independent said:
I rode in to work on monday and tuesday and it felt great. Good to be back on two wheels again. Can't wait to go to some bike nights this summer. Hooters in Lansing was a good ride and the scenery isn't too bad to look at either. Looks like I will not be able to make it to WF this year.
I just have too many things going on that require money and time at the end of april. I will be able to make it to bo's bash again this year though. That was alot of fun. Anyone plan on going to the blessing of the bikes in Baldwin this year? It is always the weekend after mothers day in May. We usually head up on Saturday, camp, and then ride out with everyone on Sunday.

There he is... Whats up Jeff! You better start slowing down I need a few more CF parts

I know I am doing the blessing. Maybe it will be not frosty like last year..LOL

No WF5..Booooo But I am understand. I will remove you from the list. I will plan on you for Bo's then.

There should be some really great rides and events this summer. I will do my best to get things together and going.

-Z

·
Registered
295 Posts
rdarnitall said:
Scott, I figured it was probably not a coincidence. So, is there any friendly, family competition going on between the 2 Warriors?

I have heard that the Muskegon Bike event is real nice. I think I will plan on making it over there on Saturday the 17th. That may even be a ride that I can talk my wife into making with me. 3 hours is stretching the amount of time that she wants to spend riding on the back.

Jerad recently got his degree in automotive engineering. I'm sure somewhere in his studies they informed him him that red warriors are fastest. In any event it would be a shame to spend that much money on an education and not know something that simple!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Z-Warrior said:
Scott, I did not see you there last year. Although everyone was hiding from the rain last year. I think we should a good sized group of warrior for Muskegon Bike week. One of my buddies is a Yamaha rep and he is planning on going Big at MBW so a good place for Yamaha showing

I admit we had plannend to take our bikes, but as you said we wimped out because of the rain. We drove up and stayed both sat. & sun. The Holiday Inn in town fills up fast so if you stay overnight, look at making reservations now!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Scott said:
I admit we had plannend to take our bikes, but as you said we wimped out because of the rain. We drove up and stayed both sat. & sun. The Holiday Inn in town fills up fast so if you stay overnight, look at making reservations now!

Wuss...Just Kidding...I don't blame you It was crap and so cold at nightI was one of the idiots that rode and waswishing I had a car there. But this year I am crossing my fingers for better weather for both MBW and thh Midnight ride. I am lucky enough that My GF's parent have a big boat at the marina to crash at( no pun intended)I am good for lodging, but a good Heads up.

-Z

·
Registered
780 Posts
Scott said:
The Holiday Inn in town fills up fast so if you stay overnight, look at making reservations now!

I just checked and the Holiday Inn is booked, so I made reservations for Saturday night at the Super 8 on Hoyt St. Sounds like I have the wife talked into going, but we have to spend the night before the 3 hour ride back home! Darn, that means I have to spend 2 days at the show.
Maybe we should all just crash on the yacht with Z

·
Registered
295 Posts
Independent said:
Anyone plan on going to the blessing of the bikes in Baldwin this year? It is always the weekend after mothers day in May. We usually head up on Saturday, camp, and then ride out with everyone on Sunday.

Yup, me and wifey are going. Trying to figure out if we're gonna stay in an RV park or try and get a cabin...we'll have to rely on catching a cancellation this late in the game so we might not get either. Worse case I guess we'll just stay further away inludington.

A builder friend of minewill have atent set up at the show - I'll probably be hanging out there quite a bit. His name is Jimmy Pacwa - he owns Twisted Twin Customs.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Hey is there a way we can set up a "mass PM"? Like if I want to go to Hooters bike night in lansing, do you guys know of a way I can list multiple recipients for my PM inviting you guys instead of sending like 7 individual PM's?

I think that will help us when an actual even comes up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
wyomingwarrior said:
Hey is there a way we can set up a "mass PM"? Like if I want to go to Hooters bike night in lansing, do you guys know of a way I can list multiple recipients for my PM inviting you guys instead of sending like 7 individual PM's?

You could just get everyones email address and add all of the emails to a group called Michigan Warriors or whatever and thensend a mass email out that way. Most peoples email addresses are listed here. Mine is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
wyomingwarrior said:

I was thinking about that why we get pushing I figured I would get an email list together that all ther michigan warriors have so if anything is going all you can send a mass email.....just a thought
But of course still post the event here.

Roy, for some crazy reason I don't think her parents would be cool with a bunch of biker comendeering their yacht.

If we get enough warriors together for mbw I will strong arm my yamaha rep buddy into having a "warrior staging area"

-Z

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
MrFreeze said:
wyomingwarrior said:

You could just get everyones email address and add all of the emails to a group called Michigan Warriors or whatever and thensend a mass email out that way. Most peoples email addresses are listed here. Mine is [email protected]
Freeze you beat me to it...I will start a list

If you do not wanna post it here pm it to me and I will send a bulk email out

-Z

·
Registered
780 Posts
Z-Warrior said:
Roy, for some crazy reason I don't think her parents would be cool with a bunch of biker comendeering their yacht. If we get enough warriors together for mbw I will strong arm my yamaha rep buddy into having a "warrior staging area"

Well, with enough 'bikers' together, what could they say.
The Warrior staging area would be nice though. Not that mine is all that much to look at, but knowing you have a good parking spot would be nice. Would probably draw a little raffic to his booth too.

I just created a group for myself with the addy's I have already (Z, MrFreeze, WyomingWarrior). Here is mine [email protected]

I can't figure out any way to do a mass PM though. Probably defeats the "Private" part of it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
rdarnitall said:
Z-Warrior said:
If we get enough warriors together for mbw I will strong arm my yamaha rep buddy into having a "warrior staging area"

The Warrior staging area would be nice though. Not that mine is all that much to look at, but knowing you have a good parking spot would be nice. Would probably draw a little raffic to his booth too.

+1

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
rdarnitall said:
I just created a group for myself with the addy's I have already (Z, MrFreeze, WyomingWarrior). Here is mine [email protected]

I can't figure out any way to do a mass PM though. Probably defeats the "Private" part of it.

My address for anyone else collecting is [email protected]

rdarnitall said:
Not that mine is all that much to look at, but knowing you have a good parking spot would be nice.
Whatever man..You are the only one of us running a Stage IV kit

·
Registered
780 Posts
Z-Warrior said:
rdarnitall said:
Not that mine is all that much to look at, but knowing you have a good parking spot would be nice.

But you can't see that. I don't have any of that cool looking stuff like a fat tire kit or a jockey shift or anything.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
rdarnitall said:
Z-Warrior said:
rdarnitall said:

But you can't see that. I don't have any of that cool looking stuff like a fat tire kit or a jockey shift or anything.

Tell you what... You bring some popsicle-sticks, duct tape, and a case of Beer Mike and I can help you out!

21 - 40 of 319 Posts