RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been on here for over a year and had my stock warrior since 05 when I bought it. I'm posting newbie since it's my first post /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

I'm in northern VA and wondering where in the world I go or who I turn to for parts, dyno tuning, engine work, or learning to do it myself? I know car people and how to do Honda B/K series engine stuff, I know some sportbike people, but when it comes to cruisers I have no contacts.

I'm mechanically inclined enough to do exhaust and intake things on my own, but engine internals are beyond me. I can't be the only Warrior around here that wants mods, can I ??

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
where in NOVA are you? Fast lane cycles in chantilly has a dyno and I think they charge $20-$30 for a dyno pull just to see what your numbers are. and obviously more for dyno tuning. I dont know about internals.
oh and by the way welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
If you don't have a service manual yet, you can get them on CD at ebay cheap. I found mine online as a free download, but I don't remember where I got it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Here is the manual I believe you guys are referring to:

http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/handbuch.htm

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome aboard...and no you are not alone in wanting to mod your Warrior, there are many like you here...you will fit right in!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You are limited with good shops in the area. Many of the shops that work on cruiser are more Harley exclusive but they will take you money. You can use the local dealerships, which may be your best bet or work with a local forum member to do the work. I think Fast Lanes is he only local shop with a Dyno.

I use Colemans in Woodbridge and I will only let 1 mechanic touch my bike. As far as service pricing they are fair. For parts, use one of the forum sponsors and you will save money including shipping.

Where are you locaed in NOVA?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the info and it's great to be here! I'm out in the Sterling part. Looks like Fast Lanes will be the dyno spot. And yes all the people I ride with are on Harleys so they can't help me /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

Any of you guys have the patrick racing bigger bore kits? My super dream is the 2L kit from them with an intake and exhaust and wimmer oil coolers and ecu of sorts, but in reality I'll probably just end up doing intake and exhaust. I don't guess any of you know a great place for blacked out exhausts do ya? It's not easy being antichrome

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Yep I know a place...your garage. Lots of guys on the site have blacked out their own exhaust by either painting or wrapping. do a search, you will find tons of stuff.
ps im in chantilly..we'll have to get together and go ride once it warms up again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts