RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My attempt at mid pegs. Dont try this unless you have a lot of time on your hands. I used 1" sq. tubing and a welding machine stock passenger pegs. much more comfy than putting your feet back to the original passenger peg position. I will most likely move the brake side peg out 1 more inch for more clearance.
Will take more pics later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
That would make for a much more comfortable ride. Did you loose any ground clearance? When are you going to move the controls back?:D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Amazing rxape......well impressed.
This has been talked about so much in the past, most just gave up.
I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to copy your idea for those European trips I do.

Gav.

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
1256Day did a similar mod using some cheap pegs. There's no way I could use this one though -when I got my bike I was melting my shoes every day because the previous owner took off the wire loom that works as a pipe guard for your right foot. So I had to put one back on. I'd be melting my shoes every day on this thing :)

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Nice job! Did you lose any of your cornering clearance? Since I have forward controls I sometimes put my feet on the passenger pegs instead! Makes me feel like Im on a sport bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did a relocation of the passenger pegs . Moved them down 5" and back 2" . my 16 year old daughter wouldn't ride on it with me cause she said she always felt like she was going to roll off the back. Says this is way more comfortable. I find I can throw my feet up on them comfortably now too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I'm with leader! I have the bracket to move them straight down( don't have them installed)!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like I said my Daughter told me she felt like she was forced to lean back. By moving the pegs back and down it allows your torso to lean forward. I pretty much just put the bike on the lift ,sat on the passenger seat and placed my feet where they felt the best and marked the spot. Mocked up a template and went from there

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
Hmmm... How old is your daughter? My wife loved it when I moved them down and forward, she said she felt like she was squatting all the time before. So I guess I'm asking -is she a young girl who doesn't have full length legs yet? I'm still not grasping why moving them back helps. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, if this really works for grownups, I'm all for testing it :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
She is Sixteen pretty much full grown, definitely adult sized, pretty much grew up on the back of my bikes. Loves the Rocket III (has a full back rest and gel seat) Not a real big fan of the Speed Triple either. If you think about it. Rear sets push your upper torso forward and give you a better sense of balance. Your legs are more under your body. I don't have any type of backrest on the Warrior at all and really didn't want to put one on it. She likes it and in a pinch will ride on it now. I would like to compare it to some of the other relocation kits. **** at least the price for mine was right. Free say for a couple hours of my time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh , I was also trying to get them where they would be comfortable and practical for the driver to reach without feeling cramped. Being able to change your riding position is awesome on long rides. As I said it's not often I'm 2 up on this bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts