RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The threads that hold the drive sprocket broke off. I've search for new one but the price of $234 to $500 is a little high! So I was searching around the forum here and got thinking. If I machined off the rest of the threads then Drill & Tap the end for a grade 8 bolt that should work. Let you all know how it goes. 2019-11-30_12-20-00_978_1575230058623.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Maybe my monitor but it looks like the splines are twisted?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The threads that hold the drive sprocket broke off. I've search for new one but the price of $234 to $500 is a little high! So I was searching around the forum here and got thinking. If I machined off the rest of the threads then Drill & Tap the end for a grade 8 bolt that should work. Let you all know how it goes. View attachment 218776
I may have one in a box of parts that I could sell you at a good price if you need it. My bike doesn’t have a transfer case anymore (used to be a drag bike), but I think I think most of the internal parts came in a box with the bike.

Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll check if I have what you need.

·
Administrator
28,176 Posts
Your old would presumably be a stock '02 shaft so would be the same as Eberwein's '03 stock shaft. Convenient!

I may have one in a box of parts that I could sell you at a good price if you need it. My bike doesn’t have a transfer case anymore (used to be a drag bike), but I think I think most of the internal parts came in a box with the bike.

Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll check if I have what you need.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Sprocket Bolt

Well my new sprocket bolt and washer showed up today.
So I through in my middle shaft to check fit. Bolt threads in great but it's about a 1/4" to long which is no biggy. I'll just shorten it 3/8" then I'll check fit again before using some blue thread locker.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Based on your advanced skill level I would expect that the new washer is machined to intensify the load on the minor diameter of the Pulley Hub and that the middle shaft splines aren't in contact with the washer similar to the OEM spindle nut :)

Excellent Idea to salvage the broken part if the splines aren't worn! The 5/8" UNF high strength crankshaft bolt will certainly handle the req'd torque for this application.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Well my new sprocket bolt and washer showed up today.
So I through in my middle shaft to check fit. Bolt threads in great but it's about a 1/4" to long which is no biggy. I'll just shorten it 3/8" then I'll check fit again before using some blue thread locker.
That there looks pretty good...

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New Sprocket Bolt

Well here's what I ended up doing. I found these harden washer laying around so I grabbed my dermal and opened them up a little to just slide over the shaft teeth, then installed the new crank bolt and hit with my 1/2" drive impact. Nice and tight, I'll have to punch a hole through the cover for the bolt head!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Bro your a Genius....
Way to find a solution....

Still wanna get up your way n maybe do a lil ride with you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts