RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around the site and have been un able to find what I'm looking for so I decided to just ask the question. I know it's all personal preferance but after owning crotch rockets for years the amount of full systems for cruisers is mind boggling.

Anyhow. I purchased my 2008 warrior a few weeks ago and am happy with it. BUT I want an aftermarket exhaust. I want something that I'm not going to have to wear ear plugs on long rides. So I want something with a middle of the road sound loud but not crazy loud. I'd like something short and I would prefer horse power more so than huge sound. yeah I'm one of the guys that would like a black system but I can deal for now with Chrome. I like the shogun street sweepers but don't know if they are going to be too loud.

Give me your opinions.

Zach

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have the ripsaws with the BCTM baffles and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. If your primarily concerned with horsepower though you may want to go with a 2 into 1 system.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'd have to take the hit on horsepower in the exhaust aspect since I haven't found a 2 in1 that I like at all. Wish I could get the street sweepers or the shogun shorties in the ceramic black. I'd be set

I need the scoop on the baffles how do you decide which baffles to use is there a good place to read about it?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Street Sweepers & all Samson pipes will be loud & most likely decrease power.

The speed star pipe is a good power pipe & is reasonable on the ears.

most pipes can be ceramic coated black if thats what you want.

It is a hard decision to make, I remember how I fought back & forth when trying to decide on pipes. Go with what you think looks best, the sound will grow on you. Just remember some pipes will cost you power & some will increase power.

Good luck

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good about the rineharts I saw something about them on you tube and like them a lot. Now to find a set at the right price and install them. Hope they already have them out for the 08

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to get the RIneharts but I think my wallet is going to win over and get the jug huggers. Sucks being on a tight budget.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
There are some 2-2 exhausts that are 2 separate pipes all the way and the rob HP. There are some 2-2 exhausts that look 2-2 but have a common 'crossover' section hidden, and they keep most of the HP. There's the Yami S* 2-1-2 that marginallyimproves HP and dosn't get too loud unless you really jump on it (then its very loud). Some others, like ProPipe have similar characteristics, so there's a lot to choose from. The Jug Huggers have a 3-step header ID design that improves exhaust scavenging so they keep a lot of the stock HP. I believe the Rineys (Rineharts) have this same design but check, and they keep nearly all the stock HP like Bubs. One thing is for sure, and I know it from five years of riding with groups of Warriors, Samson's are among the loudest.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
1fast1 said:
Street Sweepers & all Samson pipes will be loud & most likely decrease power

Fixed

They look great though in my opinion. I was laughing when I read your original post because I think that's pretty much what most of us wanted when first considering pipes (loud within reason, performance, short, looks) but unfortunately some of those just conflict. If I had to do it again I'd still buy my Samson Ripsaws but I might try a BCTM baffle instead of the 10" Samson in hopes of a better sound and maybe one more HP back.

In addition to the plethora of options listed for various emphasis you could also consider Morton's Executioners that look outstanding. The downside is you will have blueing and they are costly even before adding the heatshields and / or ceramic coating. Just a thought though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the Morton's are really nice I like them but I'm sure that baffels would be pricey with the nice slope. I think I've decided until I change my mind again. Bub jughuggers are the choice right now.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Zach,

I've had the Samson Short Slashers with the BCTM (Big City Thunder Monster) baffles. I can assure you this is going to be too loud for you. The purpose of the BCTM baffles is to produce the proper backpressure without killing the open pipe sound.

My next set of pipes (and my personal favorite until my custom made Big Radius 2-1) was the Vance & Hines ProPipe 2-1. This pipe had great sound (not too loud) with great power. This set-up with the competition baffle and chrome trim ring is an awesome set-up.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Another thing to consider is clearance. I too loved the look of the Jughuggers when I noticed them on a warrior, then I noticed the tips were heavily ground away. Checking the search function I found posts with similar complaints on cornering clearance with them. If your concerned about cornering clearance check that the headers (especialy the front) don't hang below the frame rails. V&H do a good job on fitment and I'm sure there's others. Do a search on the pipes your considering and you'll find plenty of reviews. Good Luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I've decided that when I get home the end of this week I'm going to order a set of the V&H big shots. Would have to get pretty low to drag these. Anyone know where the best place to purchase this set of pipes with the least amount of BS? I'm sure there are still vendors that do things better out thre. Been a while since I've purchased bike parts like I've posted earlier

·
Registered
282 Posts
Check the forum classifieds and Ebay as I have seen a number of pipes for sale lately. Used could be a good way to go, especially if you plan to ceramic coat them.

BTW, I have the Speed* pipe and really like the sound, power and looks.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I have the BUB slip on with a midnight header still for sale. Middle of the road sound without power losses, also its a shorter pipe then the V&H big shots. All you would be lacking is to go with some high heat paint with ceramic coat. If its all you wanted then take and have it pro painted but to be honest since high heat paint is flat save the money and do it yourself, if they get scratched re-apply. I'll let them go for $200 plus the shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
fj55pig said:
Okay I've decided that when I get home the end of this week I'm going to order a set of the V&H big shots. Would have to get pretty low to drag these. Anyone know where the best place to purchase this set of pipes with the least amount of BS? I'm sure there are still vendors that do things better out thre. Been a while since I've purchased bike parts like I've posted earlier

You'll get a bit more power from the V&H ProPipe and it won't scrape.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First of all thanks for the good replays and the good advice. I've decided that the V&H bigshots are what I want to get and I know that I can go back and have them coated later I do like that they are above the frame rail so I don't have to worry about them scraping. I'll post some pictures once I get back home and get them. Thanks again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts