RS Warrior Forum banner

"Midnight Club"

13K views 230 replies 136 participants last post by  evilrider 
#1 ·
OK. I've been seeing a lot of new Midnight Warrior owners on board lately, so I thought I'd start a post to see just how many of us there are out ther now. Chime in and don't forget to post a pic in the gallery! (I get great ideas from what I see there!) Welcome Warrior riders! I assume we're new as the Midnight is an '05 model. Keep the dark side up!!!

#4 ·
I got mine in April and absolutely love it. The only bad thing is I am working so much overtime
lately that I hardly have anytime to ride it. Only 300 miles on it so far. Can't wait to get her
broke in so that I can really open it up. No mods done to bike as of yet.

#5 ·
I've had mine for about a month and a half, already have about 3500 miles on it. So far I've put on a Churchkey BAK, PCIIIusb(stock bike map), modified rear mudflap/blinkers, Kury Isogrips, ais block off, and I have a PCS lowering kit and a 1000lb Eibach spring coming next week. Hope to get a set of Rinehart exhaust, maybe a winter project though as I have my first child (its a boy)due in September.

#6 ·
Got my '05 Tuesday this week. 200 miles and counting. No mods yet but have the tank bra and center stand on order for next week, Also have the Yami Billet pegs (driver and passenger), Billet Brake, Shifter, and linkage, and speedstar air intake. Next up is a new two up seat for the wife and I and a Cortech tank bag.

#11 ·
I've had mine for 3 weeks as of today. I have about 900 miles on it and have done the AIS blockoff, cleaned up the rear fender, removed belt guards and ground down the mounting tabs and repainted the swingarm, removed all reflectors and stickers and tank badges, removed seat strap (actually only removed one of the nuts for it then tucked the strap under the rear seat and replaced the nut so I can put it back in two minutes...good place to store the strap), installed PCS lowering kit on it yesterday, have Hard Krome 2.5" Classic Straight pipes on order for it. Link to a small website I threw together about the bike along with plenty of pictures is in my signature. This is already my favorite of any motorcycle I've owned, and I love this site for the ideas and technical help and just the group participation thing that adds to the fun of ownership.

#13 ·
quote:Originally posted by Fafo64

OK. I've been seeing a lot of new Midnight Warrior owners on board lately, so I thought I'd start a post to see just how many of us there are out ther now. Chime in and don't forget to post a pic in the gallery! (I get great ideas from what I see there!) Welcome Warrior riders! I assume we're new as the Midnight is an '05 model. Keep the dark side up!!!

new bike yes new member no.. check out my member number..lol

Alan

#14 ·
Mine is three weeks old, purchased from Competetion Accessories, Springfield OH. This is a really cool bike, it draws a crowd everywhere I take it, and it's 100% stock. Can't say that about most bikes, now can we! I am really pissed that I can't find the Yamaha fairing lower and upper for it, tho. Everyone says they can 'order it' but it's backordered indefinitely from Yamaha, so if anyone knows of a non-nerdy looking upper fairing, I'm sold. The way I ride, it would be nice to be able to come home wihtout a sore back and shoulders from trying to hang on to this 130mph monster all day! Pictures coming really soon, here's one of it on a trailer headed for a week of riding down in the Smokies...it did really well, but it makes a lot of heat in stop-and-go traffic! This bike is definitely a drag bike, tho. I hate to start a fight, but the GoldWing I took with me (1800 model) actually handles more predictably in heavy twisties than the Road Warrior, it's awful light and the lean rate is anything but linear as you go from vertical to 40-degrees...but I am not complaining, and it may be that I just need more saddle time in it to get used to the light weight. I was not able to get through Deal's Gap with it as quickly as I can on the Wing (don't laugh till you try to stick with an experienced Wing rider on an 1800, guys...) but again, saddle time is all I need most likely. Only 500 miles on it so far...

Ed

#20 ·
Got my Midnight last October. Got a muzzy, PC3, Churchkey VBAK, AIS block, took reflectors off, barons bars, kury iso grips, took the tank emblems off, etc..and some other things that I can remember now. O yea, got a Corbin Dual tourer for my girl and I just completed my 4000 mile service and switched to full synthetic. My midnight rocks and I get compliments all the time from other motorcyclist's and people who nothing about bikes but can appreciate something that looks good. I am very happy with it and it continues to re invent itself inadvertantly.

#22 ·
It looks like mine is the oldest one so far.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I've had mine since September and I'm about to turn 12,000 miles on her. So far not on single problem. I've got the Speedstar pipe, a sidemount plate, and red LED lights under it to make it stand out a little more at night.

The first weekend I had it I did a 1500 mile road trip to Northern Arkaksas. That was one **** of a break in!!![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

#23 ·
Got mine in March and have a little under 4000 miles. Here it is and I have the front tire on to prove it /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Insert Image:

79.54 KB

Insert Image:

74.13 KB

Insert Image:

89.29 KB

And of course my riding partner.....

Insert Image:

80.65 KB

#26 ·
Had mine 2 months,1700 miles,countless smiles.Really like it.Mods so far include AIS block/removal,Iso Grips and Throttle Boss,V+H Big Shots,PR Hi Flow air kit,PCIII,custom map,Baron's rear brake reservoir relocation kit,black Speedstar air filter cover,quiet baffles,reflector removal and rear fender eliminator.Really thinking about a radar jammer,too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.