RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a warrior for a little while now. In San Antonio they are letting the blacked out version go for $9,999. Is this a good deal? I suppose so cause a lot of dealerships are asking $12,500. I guess my question is...what are the pros and cons of the warrior. I want to go for 150 mile rides on the weekends and have fun doing it. I currently have a 04' ZZR600. It's very nice, but I'm tired of sleepy arems and shoulders, but like the perfomance.

Will the Warrior treat me better for what I want? the bike looks bad a$$. I love the looks. Will the TPS be a problem?

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Make sure if there are any recalls to get them done before you take the bike. 150 miles is no problem. You will want to get a different seat or you can mod the stock seat and you can ride further.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the forum, i agree that the stock seat could use some improvements, depending on how tall you are you might want to consider some foward controls but basically this bike is bad a$$ and a lot of fun to ride. i think you would love. i sure do. good luck on your purchase

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 5'8. I take the forward controls would bring me more upright? I'm kinda new to the biker world. I'll be usinig the search a lot.
JP

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Great bike, buy one and you will Love it. 150 mile rides are a walk in the park and alot of fun.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's a great bike. I typically do 100 to 200 miles in a days ride and I am never dissapointed with my Warrior or its handling. I would change out the seat though it can be a pain in the ass (pun intended). Get the Warrior and you won't be dissapointed. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jboss10

I'm 5'8. I take the forward controls would bring me more upright? I'm kinda new to the biker world. I'll be usinig the search a lot.
JP
at 5'8" the forward controls might be a bit of a reach but no matter how tall you are a new seat will definitely be an improvement[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Get the bike! That's pretty cheap. If your 5'8" the stock seat may be a little wide for you. I'm 6'3"-260 so mines about right for me on long rides. Little like riding a fat horse.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies. I'm headed out in about an hour to pick her up. Yeah the seat is a little wide for my taste, but I can change that. What are the best seats that still keep a passenger option? I'll do a search too.

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
quote:Originally posted by southboundchicken

quote:Originally posted by jboss10

JP
at 5'8" the forward controls might be a bit of a reach but no matter how tall you are a new seat will definitely be an improvement[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

+1
jboss10, I assume your talking about Legends forward controls. If you're 5'8", then they will definitely be too much of a reach for you. Carlini Super Sweep or CP 1120 bars will allow you to sit in a more upright position.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just do it boss. The Warrior's torque brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. 5'8" here also. I change the bars to get the hand controls a bit closer, changed the seat to drop me down a bit and lower the rear of the bike cause it just looks better imho. Did I mention the torque [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
341 Posts
welcome to the 4m! you are looking at a good deal if you can get the midnight for under 10k. The seat you might mod, the pegs might be a stretch if you move them forward but other than that... it will not disappoint you! Keep in mind it is not a track bike, but it is the best blend of two worlds that i have been able to find!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts