RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stealership near me has a silver '04 for $9000. 5300 miles, V&H pipes, some aftermarket chrome bits, new tires. I told them my budget was about $7500 & tomorrow I'll offer $8500 out the door. Does this sound like a fair deal?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I think you would be getting a good deal with the mods that are already there. I hope you get it. Let us know.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Depends on the condition of the bike. If its like new and well maintained its ok. You will always pay more at a dealer than with a private person. Somehow they need to make money on a tradein.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my 05 last year with 550 miles on it for $8500. It wasn't even broken in. I wouldn't pay more than that for yours. Mine was bone stock though. Good luck

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I'd go no higher than $8000 if it were me... I paid a bit more for mine, but I've had a Warrior before, so I knew what i was missing, plus I felt like I knew the owner because he is a long standing member of the site.

Money is relative when it comes to buying something you want...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Good luck on the decision, and new ride. If you want it, and those are things you would do to it yourself, then go for it man.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Good luck either way and welcome to the forum. As far as price goes its all relative to what you are willing to spend. Some buy used and save the money for mods...others will pay for a new bike and save up for the mods over time...it all depends on what YOU want to do.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Its on ok price, not great by some of the steals that people on this site seem to get, but honestly *I* never find those deals here in SoCal. Do some research on cycletrader.com (figure about a 15-20% discount on asking prices there) to get a feel for the market. Also go to the various motorcycle value sites to get a feel for what the blue books are asking for retail.

Figure used pipes worth ~$250, chrome goodies could be *100-$500 depending on how many and if you realyl want them. Find out if it has an aftermarket filter, or a PCiii on it. I assume it has a stock rear tire (200).

Given all that, Id like to think you could get one for ~7500 OTD on one of those screaming deals, but ~8500 is not a horrible price especially if you like the color and the particular chrome goodies. If you are jsut goign to replace the pipes and the goodies, dont bother.

JT

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Still worth that much to me ($8500) the other sounds a bit high, but the market is swinging to the higher side this time of year anyway (gas prices and warmer weather).
Still welcome to the forum and good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by DragonRider

Soooo....the verdict is? Did you buy it???[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Well, the dealership didn't like my offer of $8000. They came down to $8700+TTL, about $9400 total. [:0] I can easily walk away from that deal. I've got a couple leads on Craigslist & the Classifieds here I'll follow up on.

I've been lurking for awhile here, Member # 5823 & just now posting for the first time[8D]. Thanks for all the advice ya'll.

·
Registered
477 Posts
TX_Blue1,the bike is over by K'S Motorsports? I was there earlyer today and there was a guy looking at one they have in the back with pipes,chrome pegs and a PC.If thats the one you are looking at maybe I can talk to them for a better price since I know them....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts