RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 Warrior. My rear tire needed to be replaced at 3400 miles. Ive heard of some guys getting better mileage, Ive heard of some guys getting less mileage. I dont light up the rear tire nor do any burn outs. I kinda figured it was due to heavy acceleration with the help of a DynoJet Power Commander, Churchkey's Big Air Kit, and
Reinhart's Racing 2 into 2 exhausts. The mechanic at the dealership explained that alot of the tire wear can actualy be caused by deceleration, relying on the big V-Twin to help slow down the bike by down shifting. Never really gave it much thought, but I guess that it does make a lot of sense!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Your rear tire wear is due to surfit throttle munipulation.In plane english that means you like to twist the right grip.I have the same problem 2 rear tires in 8k.Keep up the good work!Rember We Dont Burn Rubber We Make It Screem For Mercy!!!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I have an 05 with 11k and just put my fifth tire on it. I have never done a burnout ever. I do ride it rather hard though

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
And I'm the opposite. I've got 23k miles on mine and I'm on tire number 4. The one I've got on now has gone the longest. It's got 6k on it and it still has about a 1000-1500 left on it. I just love my little Continental Road Attack.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I've got 17k miles and just put on tire number 8 before I put the bike away for the winter. It only has 400 miles on it and I am hoping it will get me to Deals Gap and back next month. If it survives the trip it will have about 2000 - 2500 miles when I get home. That's about all I get out of them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You guys had me thinkin the Metz 210 had a short life. I got about 4300 miles out of her with a good amount of hole shots and a couple of runs at New England speedway that finaly did her in(12.55 1/4[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif])

That makes me think,Is it the tire's [?] or THE WARRIOR RIDER'S [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Hey candy pants.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I think I got 2,000 miles from my last tire. You guy's are killing me again with the Gee I only got 6,000.00 from my last tire.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

And I'm the opposite. I'm dieing over here.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] I've got 23k miles on mine and I'm on tire number 4. The one I've got on now has gone the longest. It's got 6k on it and it still has about a 1000-1500 left on it. I just love my little Continental Road Attack.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by xharleyrdr

Hey candy pants.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I think I got 2,000 miles from my last tire. You guy's are killing me again with the Gee I only got 6,000.00 from my last tire.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

And I'm the opposite. I'm dieing over here.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] I've got 23k miles on mine and I'm on tire number 4. The one I've got on now has gone the longest. It's got 6k on it and it still has about a 1000-1500 left on it. I just love my little Continental Road Attack.

Hey now, if I lived where you live I'm sure that I'd have far less miles on my tires. All the acceleration and decels that you do on just one run on the dragon equals the amount that I do in a month. I can't help it that TX is flat and straight.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey I have 40k on my bike.Ihave had a ct on her for over 5 yrs. now..but now its time to get back to stock type tires...so which one?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Holy cow old thread!
I am quite pleased with the Bridgestone Battlax 20. Got about 8k out of the rear and 14 out of the front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
So far I have loved my Avon Storm which has great grip and has proven to work well in wet weather (South Florida).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts