RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’day all from Australia,

Hope this finds everyone safe and well.

How many miles or k’s can we expect to get out of a Warrior motor? I’m keeping my eyes open for another Warrior but they are getting on in the years now in Oz, the ones that do have low K’s are higher in price obviously, Any average distance traveled before requiring engine rebuild?

Any advice welcomed.
Baldy

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
H3LL I had about 115 miles on my first warrior..
And would've kept going, but had a accident....

And Member JoeyA he had wayyy more than that on his warrior

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
Maintain her properly and you can expect over 200k aparantly.. at least that's kinda what i've read on this here forum.. I myself are only @~85k.. but maintenance is really important here.. always have enough (fresh) oil n things..
I believe Joey had about 200k miles on his!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heftysmurf, I’ve no idea, not having to do a conversion to RHD is a bonus lol

in Oz 2005 I think is the last of the factory imports.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Heftysmurf, I’ve no idea, not having to do a conversion to RHD is a bonus lol

in Oz 2005 I think is the last of the factory imports.
Nah Baldy, 2007 was the last import. From what I have gathered via my Service Manager who was in communication with Yamaha Japan. From 02 to 07 there were specific quantities imported for each year. 2005 ( which is my Warrior ) they only imported 40 to Australia.

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
But what is the regulation in bringing more in? I have shipped big metalworking machinery to Australia via a consolidator and it wasn't too bad actually.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
didn't joeys have over 200k before it was murdered?
Yup, between 225-250 thousand miles before a shop did a bad job on his HC piston install. It would have gone allot longer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I rode 125k miles on my 03, bought new, before selling it. The new owner is still riding it.
My 09 replacement now has 58k miles.
My 'spare' 03 warrior, bought with 187 miles in 04 has only 33k miles.
The shop I used to go to in Daly City, Ca had a warrior with over 300k miles a few years ago and no rebuild on either the motor or tranny.
I have yet to have repairs more major than a starter motor.
I am pretty religious about following the maintenance schedule, and while I ride constantly and do some long days (700+ miles) a couple of weeks a year, My riding style is not aggressive.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah Baldy, 2007 was the last import. From what I have gathered via my Service Manager who was in communication with Yamaha Japan. From 02 to 07 there were specific quantities imported for each year. 2005 ( which is my Warrior ) they only imported 40 to Australia.
G’day again Stryder, interesting to read you mention only 40 2005 models imported. That makes them pretty rare, the one I’m possibly buying tomorrow is also an 05’ model, so we know where 2 are out of the 40. What colour is yours? Mine is the maroon red ... not sure of its colour name.

I never knew 2007, I always thought it was 2005 cut off and the ones that were registered in 2006 were still 05 compliance. If I’m wrong that’s cool, I don’t mind learning.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey Baldy, mine had an after market paint job ( refer gallery ). I’ve seen 3 standard colours maroon, blue and grey all with the flame design. I heard a while back that there are only about 300 warriors in Australia. I don’t know if that is on the road or just total. I’ve seen a nice 05 on Bikesales from your side of the country and it looks fantastic, can’t wait to see pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, never been one to procrastinate I went and bought the 05’ Warrior. It would be the same one listed on bike sales, there is only one listed in WA. 1st registered Jan 06. It’s got 40k on the odometer, got all the service records and previous owner details. What is quite spinny is I know one of the previous owners, he’s one of the original WA Warriors and one I’ve ridden with a few times. I know he sold his 1st Warrior but the lure must have been to tempting and he bought another.

I had to ride home in mostly rain with some breaks of blue sky and I rode fairly conservatively, no lane splitting or 1st off at the lights. It’s been 14 years since I’ve ridden a Warrior but it all came back to me, just need some time to fully get my confidence back, especially on the slow roundabouts turning right.

Gotta work out how to include some photos

1 - 20 of 30 Posts