RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a 2,700 mile road trip in June of this year. I have a Warrior mini fairing for the bike which blocks the wind up to my neck. Does anyone know of a bolt on extension that would possibly block the wind a little higher.I really like the mini fairing and would rather notspend the $$$ for afull windshield that I'll probably only use once.

The extension could even be a DIY job. I know we have some mechanical "engineers" on this site. Any input would ba appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Try Laminarlip.com

Here is mine in pics ...I bolted mine on but it comes with a heavy duty "plastic velcro" type setup. I have more pics if you want to give me an email address.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I too am fairly please with my laminar lip. I just used the 3M velcro tabs that it came with. You can fabricate something similar out of polycarbonate or even sheet metal, aluminum or steel, but the laminar lip is all ready on the market. An issue I'd be concerned with if fabricated with sheet metal is cutting issues if it were to fly off.

For 1 time use, ugly but functional, head to the ducting section of the hardware store. There's some ducting that is split axially, designed to crimp together. Grab something about 8" long for 8" or 10" diameter ducting. Crease it a few inches away from the edges, similar to the shape of the laminar lip and use screws to fasten.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Does the laminar lip take the wind off your head? I've also got a mini fairing and it seems to put all the air right at my helmet. Not bad in slow traffic, but it gets tiring riding fast for very long.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
It really depends on a lot of variables. With several of my seats it really helps. In some cases there is a little buffetting if wearing an openface helmet. But it is definitely better than without it .Except with my Stilletto/stinger seat ... with it I seem to be better off without the lip.

So obviously, rider height and seating position are factors also. I'm just a hair under 6' tall and the lip helps with the Corbin solo and Corbin Young Guns ...but not with the Stinger. I wish I could give a more concise answer but that is the nature of the beast !

·
Registered
325 Posts
It doesn't take it all off the face, it does smooth the flow,so my head doesn't jerk around as much. There's a big difference in the chest area. If I'm riding with the mini fairing on, I'm probably on a longer trip, so I'd most likely be wearing my full face helmet.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Thanks for the input also. I ride with a Corbin solo and am 5'10". I always ride in a full face and don't even own any skid lids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts