RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm passing this info on to whom ever has an interest and wants to spear head the group buy if any :)

My recent OP's here:

----- Original Message -----
To: AlanH
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: Roadstar Warrior Form

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for the information!! We really appreciate all the pictures. Unfortunately the show specials are only for the shows, or you will have to like us on Facebook. But if there are more than 5 members interested in buying batteries, we can offer a group special, which we will offer the show special. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you very much!

==============================
Grace Kim
Purchase Manager
[email protected]
mirai batteries - makers of the world's most powerful, ultra reliable, lightweight batteries

Mirai Powersports
10606 Shoemaker Ave. #C
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 USA
Tel: 562-567-3030
Fax: 562-946-3570
==============================

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Does it matter which cca? I am interested in this. I think 5 years on the original is asking to leave me stranded this summer!

·
Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it matter which cca? I am interested in this. I think 5 years on the original is asking to leave me stranded this summer!
I still use my 10 yr old GS battery for project work on the bench!

parkinglot ... imo, No. Is more CCA better ... in a marginal starting situation, imo Yes.
I opted for the lower CCA as it was an impulsive purchase. I was impressed w/ the battery construction and terminals.

Mirai's application chart & P/N for the Warrior was the 255CCA model and optionally the 325CCA of the same case size was available.

I would suggest a new POS battery cable for the termination with either of these batteries just because! There is a member on the forum that makes neat cables :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Put me down for one also. Im in need of the extra space it will offer along with the extra CCA. Let me know when/ where to send PayPal. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I would suggest a new POS battery cable for the termination with either of these batteries just because! There is a member on the forum that makes neat cables :)

who makes the cables?

·
Registered
404 Posts
As I said a few weeks ago, mine is getting sluggish and will have to replace this year for sure. Count me in for one when the time comes. twiceshosen for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I message them via FB and here is the response:

Thank you for contacting us! We can certainly arrange a group buy. We will give the buyers 20% off if 10 or more people are willing to purchase a battery. The regular price for the MLP-2112-C2 is $199.99, but the group buy price would be $160 (plus shipping).

As for charger/maintainer, you do not need a special charger for our batteries. in the winter months when you are not riding, we recommend the customers to disconnect all the wires to make sure nothing is drawing power form the battery. In the spring when you are ready to ride again, go ahead use a battery tender for half an hour to top it off, and that's all you have to do. Some tenders put out a higher voltage than lithium batteries, which could damage the cells. That's why we don't recommend you leaving it plugged in for a long period of time.

Traditional batteries lose about 20%-30% per month, but lithium batteries only lose about 1%-2% a month. Over the course of a year, lithium batteries only lose about 20%, so you really don't need a tender, but make sure nothing is draining the battery.
Hope I answered your questions, please feel free to contact us if you have other questions.

Thank you.
Mirai Powersports
562-567-3030
[email protected]

Spec on the MLP-2112-C2

Comparison
MLP-2112-C2 Length 150mm - 5.91in
Width 65mm - 2.56in
Height 93mm - 3.66in
Weight 930g - 2.05lbs
Capacity 21Ah
Cold Crank Rating at 0°F: 325 CCA

YT14B-BS Length 150mm - 5.91in
Width 70mm - 2.76in
Height
145mm - 5.71in
Weight
5360g - 11.80lbs
Capacity
12Ah
Cold Crank Rating at 0°F:
210 CCA

You save 9.75 pounds and gain 115 CCA by opting for this replacement model.

So we would need 10 people to place an order from the site to get the group buy price?

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
why the changes? Alans show price was 130..the larger cca was 20 more. thats 150. Alans email from them stated 5 members would get the show price but akitadogs correspondence say 10 members and 160? Im in either way..wish i could dedicate the time to do this..sorry, and i owe a beer to the guy that does.., maybe its as simple as calling them after we get 10 guys together and them just giving us a code or something...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
yeah, i was going by alanh's quote and thought it might be even cheaper. i'm not interested in 160.00 plus shipping so i'm out.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I questioned the group buy quantity of 10 verses 5 and the responded as follows:

I truly apologize for the confusion, it should be a minimum of 10 pieces for group buy.

The best price would be 20% off, depending what kind of battery you need, you could save up to $50.

Compared to the Shorai batteries, our batteries have stronger terminals, they are solid brass. Also we have the unique dual terminal design, you can connect one set of the terminals to the bike, and use the other set for accessories, so it's very convenient. Also we are at a lower price point than Shorai.

Once again, I am sorry for the confusion. If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. Thank you and have a great day.

Mirai Powersports
[email protected]
562-567-3030

So in short I don't see 10 people interested in these batteries, so I will probably just purchase another YUSA battery. My stock battery is now at 7 1/2" years old and still going. The YUSA sells right around $95 compared to $200 for the Mirai.

·
Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mark,
It was my understanding that a LIKE on Facebook entitled that person to the IMS discount and didn't require a group buy. The 255cca was 130.00 & 325cca 150.00 + tax & shipping if applicable.

It is not my intent to interfere here as i've made that very clear in the OP. I would suggest someone call up and speak to Kim or send her a url to this conversation

good luck

I questioned the group buy quantity of 10 verses 5 and the responded as follows:

I truly apologize for the confusion, it should be a minimum of 10 pieces for group buy.

The best price would be 20% off, depending what kind of battery you need, you could save up to $50.

Compared to the Shorai batteries, our batteries have stronger terminals, they are solid brass. Also we have the unique dual terminal design, you can connect one set of the terminals to the bike, and use the other set for accessories, so it's very convenient. Also we are at a lower price point than Shorai.

Once again, I am sorry for the confusion. If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. Thank you and have a great day.

Mirai Powersports
[email protected]
562-567-3030

So in short I don't see 10 people interested in these batteries, so I will probably just purchase another YUSA battery. My stock battery is now at 7 1/2" years old and still going. The YUSA sells right around $95 compared to $200 for the Mirai.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts