RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted new mirrors for a long time, but just can't seem to find any that I like that look good, are functional, and not ridiculously expensive. Any input would be appreciated. I really like the Rebuffini Apollo and Apus mirrors, as well as the Rizoma Invidia II's, but I just can't justify paying $300+ on a set on mirrors. I don't think bar ends are really an option either, since I'm using Kuryakyn Iso grips; they are too long. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
i have the kuryakyn ellipse mirrors on the 02 warrior and the magnum plus on the harley. they have the longer arms. and the allens on the mirror headto really tighten them down.i like these because i can see past my arms. stock mirrors for some reason make me have to move my head around to see past my arms.i bought the magnums on ebay for $40 each.then $10 for the adaptors.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
tostyj said:
I don't think bar ends are really an option either, since I'm using Kuryakyn Iso grips; they are too long.

I actually had some bar end mirrors with the ISO grips at one time. I just milled out the end of the grip and installed some bar end caps and the mirrors went right on.Heres a pic.This was in 06 I think.

·
Administrator
29,697 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hate the Kuryakyn grips listed above! I had them on my bike for about a week and took them off to switch back to stock mirrors. They vibrated on my bike so much my hands went numb. Look cool but would recomend the yamaha mirrors any day!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
blue_racer said:
I hate the Kuryakyn grips listed above! I had them on my bike for about a week and took them off to switch back to stock mirrors. They vibrated on my bike so much my hands went numb. Look cool but would recomend the yamaha mirrors any day!

I have Carlini Super Sweeper bars and have epoxied a 2" length of steel bar into the ends of the bars as bar end weights and my Kuryakyn mirrors are clear up to at least 70MPH.

If you are getting as much vibration as you say I would suggest bar end weights, a dyno session to get the bike running rightor sync the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Check out the link below. I just got these bar end mirrors on ebay. I'm running the same grips and they fit just fine. Less vibration than some other after market mirrors I bought too. This was probably the best $28 I spent on the bike, they look great and are functional.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-Bar-End-Mirrors-Suzuki-Honda-Yamaha-Kawasaki-KTM-Buel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1163Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem380076598637QQitemZ380076598637

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Arlen Ness Rad II teardrop mirrors (Black). I had to get the Kuyeaken (?) adaptor. $99 plus $10 for adaptor. They are small, but I always turn my head before changing lanes anyway.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just put on the Kuryakens yesterday but they're coming off. They're too big for my taste and I can't get them to stay still. I could probably tweak them to where I want but I'm going to go with none for a while and see how it goes. I turn my head anyway and think they're kinda redundant.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have the Yamaha Accessories mirrors and love them.I can see well,they look good and the bolts go through the stem for a clean look.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If I do get new mirrors someday I'm DEFINITELY going with bolt through design instead of the adaptors that come loose. Much cleaner look to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts