RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two weeks ago my bike started misfiring while driving it around town. It would only misfire for a minute or so then it would lunge forward like I hit a nos button or something and have full power. I thought maybe it was bad gas or something. I ran all the gas out and filled it with fresh 93,(I know the warrior doesnt require 93), so I filled it with 93 and it went away, it hasnt done it in the last two weeks. I have only rode the bike twice in the past two weeks. THe mods I have are the COIL RELOCATION PLATE, VBAK, PCIII, and v/h bigshots exhaust. So it hasnt done itthe two times I rode in the past twqo weeksuntil yesterday. I rode about 90miles and then it started misfiring. I shut the bike downwhen I got it home, let it sitfor an hour, started the bike and it was still misfiring. I put my hand over the exhaust and the front cylinder exhaust was warm but the back was not. I belive the problem is in the back cylinder. I revved it up a few times and it finnally stopped missfiring and runningnormal. It isnt consistently missfiring, it just comes and goes. Kind of scary if your in a corner. WHat could have caused this? Why would it only missfire sometimes.? I know it either has to be spark,fuel,or compression. Its not consistent so it cant be compression, right? SO thay only leaves spark and fuel. My bike is an 04, it has 13,000 miles on it. WHere should I start looking. IS there a way to test the injectors or do I have to take it some where?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I'm going to take that any recalls have been taken care of (CPS would come to mind)...so my first thought is a loose connector on the rear cyl. coil. Might double check that the spade lugs are pinched tight. Now I have had gas issues before which really suck but its more like both front and rear die while moving and will startle the piss out of you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Recheck all the electrical connections you moved or changed during the coil relo. If it is happening randomly, I would think a loose connection or failing sensor.

·
Registered
578 Posts
unplug the PCIII - bypass it and i bet that problem goes away.

if not , i'd say your injector is hanging at times and therefore too much fuel enters the cylinder which keeps it cool and will not fire right and of course will backfire like nuts when it does ignite all the fuel collecting in the cyl/exhaust. running some Seafoam thru it might take care of that if it's just some varnish or something preventing the inj from closing fully. if the problem persists then you might have to send the inj. out and have them professionally cleaned and flowtested.

How do the spark plugs look? have you ever changed the plugs? might want to try that also , the plug might be failing.

mredhawk said:
Recheck all the electrical connections you moved or changed during the coil relo. If it is happening randomly, I would think a loose connection or failing sensor.

if it happened right after this install then i definitely agree with mredhawk-------especially loose grounds they will cause nightmares and usually the problem is real inconsistent.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the reloc. mod last year but the warrior does shake and vibrate like crazy so maybe it vibrated something loose. Ill check that today. THis seafoam, where can I find it and what type of mixture do I use? THe spark plugs I will check today, I have never replaced them. I am going to check all this and i will get back to you.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Check the connections to your coils. I had the same symptoms as you are describing and found out one of the coil wire connections was barely touching. I too did the coil relocation plate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i just finished putting it back together and it was exactly what most of you said. The wire on the coil was really loose, it fell off when i touched it. I took some pliers and squezzed it a little and it is as snug as a frogs ass, lol. Thats what I love about this site, you get to talk to thousands of people that may have the same problem and can tell you what they found or did.I appreciate everyones feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts