RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not notice the welcome mat, cool idea. I placed a new topic with a question on exhaust, any help would be great!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome aboard. I am sure you will get plenty of help from all of the knowledable members. Tell us a little about yourself.[8D]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My name is Jeff and live in MN, not the most rider friendly state. I bought my 1st bike 3 yrs ago a 2004 r6 and enjoyed the **** out of it. I started looking for a cruiser 2 months ago, from reading reviews and the rswarrior forum I decided to go with a new 2006 midnight warrior.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which is better the Vance and hine propipe or the speedstar 2 into 1 mega cone exhaust.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
kja,

Whoa! Did you say Midnight Warrior!? Because if you did, then welcome to the Midnight Club and to the forums. You will need to post pictures of your new ride...It's like some kind of unwritten rule, or something like that...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Because a picture says a thousand words...

As for your question regarding exhaust...It's really based on personal preference...You'll probably find that most members like the V&H pipes and some like the SpeedStar pipes. I prefer the Samson Shogun Short Slasher pipes...Very loud pipes, but they sound great and give the Warrior that mean look, but that's just my opinion.

Basically you have to decide what you are looking for...Sound...Style...Performance...Every exhaust offers one or the other and some offer all three...It's whatever you're looking for...

Anyway best of luck...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

kja,

Whoa! Did you say Midnight Warrior!? Because if you did, then welcome to the Midnight Club and to the forums.

LOL... Mark I think you just wait around and pounce on Midnight riders..
Welcome to the forum Jeff. Winter wont last forever so Mod while you can.

28.74KB

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark,
Thanks for including the pic of your bike that thing is sweet! and it answered my question on painting or powdercoating the bars. How far did you lower it? By the way your bike is now my screen saver.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
independent_lemming,

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Yup! Gotta LOVE such Midnight Warriors...And I love to see a member who has converted to the dark side...And you know it's just a matter of time before you will be swayed to the dark side...Don't fight it...Too resist is futile...Come to the dark side...

kja,

WOW![:0] I guess the ultimate compliment anyone can give you is to let you know that they are using the picture of your bike as their screen saver! Anyway...You're welcome and thanks for the compliment...The reason I powdercoated the bars was to keep the stealthy look of the bike, just adding a little chrome for detail. I lowered her down somewhere between 2" to 2-1/2"...The FAT 240 rear tire looks a lot better with the rear fender sitting almost right on top of the tire. At least in my opinion...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

independent_lemming,

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Yup! Gotta LOVE such Midnight Warriors...And I love to see a member who has converted to the dark side...And you know it's just a matter of time before you will be swayed to the dark side...Don't fight it...Too resist is futile...Come to the dark side..

Mark aka Mad Man

You do have a great looking bike...buuuutttt we all know the original '02 Imperial Red is the fastest color.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] If it wasnt why would they waste their time making all the other years.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome!! The 06 cobalt is the best, but I have to admit that the midnight is the only model that is made in all the years.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Welcome KJA!, I suggest going to the gallery. Look around at all the pics of the exhausts so you have an idea of what interests you. Note that some are shorty's and some are longer. The idea there is how much of the bike is covered by exhaust system. Some like a cleaner look and shows of the back end of the bike. (something I didn't consider when I bought my bigshots) although I love my bigshots. Its personal preference, looks, performance and all that rolled up into 1.

Get ready for the insanity that is.........WARRIOR MODIFICATIONS!!!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought I knew what I wanted all those pics can make it hard to decide. Chosing an exhaust will depend on what I do with the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kja

I thought I knew what I wanted all those pics can make it hard to decide. Chosing an exhaust will depend on what I do with the rest of the bike.

It is only $$$$. My wife says I change pipes when I change my transfer case oil. Not Quite.

Oh yeah! Sorry I forgot. Welcome!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts