RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think its great that we have allot of interest in getting together like this. Does anyone want to throw out dates?

Josh asked about meeting before the river run. Since I'll be riding, will the roads be safe enough by then?

·
Registered
691 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Seminole

I think its great that we have allot of interest in getting together like this. Does anyone want to throw out dates?

Josh asked about meeting before the river run. Since I'll be riding, will the roads be safe enough by then?

Basically right now Fastby and my schedule is booked through the April 11th. We have another ride we are trying to put together in May sometime...Another speed bump for me is I am on call every other weekend usually guaranteeing that I am gonna work so thats a bummer. However Daniel (fastby) could meet everyone up there and get things going. Weekends that would work for me are 4/19 and possibly 5/2...Not sure how the roads will be at this point, but if we wanted to look at sometime in June that would work for me also..Possibly even better.

Let us know what weekends sound good to everyone else..Would sooner be better? Or would later be better?

Another thing we need to do is get the storage bikes outta the shop so we can actually have room for everyone. So its gonna take some planning on our part but we are willing to put forth the effort so we can have a get together!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

I'd also have to ride it up. I'd need to make sure the wife is home to watch the kids. I am hoping to have some mods done by then but I'd like to do the flip and grind. Would be cool just to get everyone together and hang out.

By the way...very cool shop!

Semi,
Skip the flip and grind, and pick up some links instead. I did the flip, and have never been satisfied with the ride quality since.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would be very interested in meeting up with other warrior owners. Stacey is not far from me. Anyone that would be interested in meeting up for the ride let me know. Hopefully a date can be set for this to happen.

·
Registered
800 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TaiwanJohn

I'd also have to ride it up. I'd need to make sure the wife is home to watch the kids. I am hoping to have some mods done by then but I'd like to do the flip and grind. Would be cool just to get everyone together and hang out.

By the way...very cool shop!

Semi,
Skip the flip and grind, and pick up some links instead. I did the flip, and have never been satisfied with the ride quality since.

TJ what kind of ride quality issues have you noticed? I was thinking if I didn't like it, I could always turn it back around.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I did the FNG and think it rides fine, I wish I could afford Tricky Air though. The nice thing is that you can always flip it back and it's normal.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I think the ride stiffened up considerably. I run very little spring preload, and the slightest turn of the adjustment collar makes a noticeable difference.

Besides, by the time you spend all the effort to grind away the linkage, you could have worked a little OT and purchased the links....

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The postcard just came today:

Breast Cancer Awareness Ride
Zylstra HD Elk River
March 29, Saturday

We had a good time last year!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well guys, after putting on about 50 miles this week i have had enough of the stock bike performance and i am going to do my mods this weekend. I figure 50 miles is enough for me to realize the performance changes. I am going to start tonight and then hopefully end tomorrow, in time to partake in some good old St Patty's Day festivities. I am doing the AIS block off, Churchkey VBAK, Akitadog coil/sensor Relocation, and then i am going to manually bump the ECU (for now). Hopefully everything goes back together correctly....

·
Registered
66 Posts
what time does the ride start? it would be nice to get to meet some other warrior riders there, i live about 10 miles from therequote:Originally posted by TaiwanJohn

Zylstra HD Elk River
March 29, Saturday

·
Registered
800 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TaiwanJohn

Zylstra HD Elk River
March 29, Saturday

I should be able to go. Maybe they won't hassle us if enough Warriors show up. Donnie Smith show is also that weekend.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Guy's I could be wrong but I think the ride is later in the year. That is the kick off to raise money. Like I said I could be wrong.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You might be right Steve. I just checked their website and it has something called Kick Start Spring/Bike Blessing on March 29th but no details.

By the way, I hate these changes. We should create a list of contact numbers for the MN Wariors. I foresee interest in this site dropping off considerably. Its just not user friendly.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yea I would be up for an Excel type info list. There is another forum that I used to frequent and wecreated a excel spread sheet with everyones info,worked pretty well.

Even if it is not in a spreadsheet format anything would be nice...I personally don't like the new changes to me the site went backwards, with style and everything else.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Anyone else up for a contact list? I would be happy to put something together and maintain it with changes.

What about collecting the following bits of info:

Nickname

First/Last Name

Phone #

City/Location

Anything else?

Oh yeah and is everyone still up for a monster garage this spring/summer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Everyone, sorry it took so long to get a hold of ya, Also from mn add me to your list I would be up for a monster garage as well, I have been pretty busy this winter, diy240 wide tire, diy hidden caliper, diy relocate brake switch, and a ton od other diy's, if anyone needs help with something let me know I have access to many things Tig welder, Mig welder, Lathe, Mill, can to fab work too. Talk to ya later Randal

41 - 60 of 727 Posts