RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for my delay on this. The Mocal part threaded smoothly right in as expected, and the white label 3323 hits rubber and not metal.

This swap may help solve leaking oil filters on 2002-2005 Warriors. The 2006+ have a different 'no hex' part (but that different part is not available from Yamaha anymore so you would want this MOCAL part if your 2006+ part is lost or damaged).

MOCAL TNM20 Adapter with ~2mm hex thickness and adequate length. Thread confirmed M20x1.5 male, both sides. It plays well with a couple dabs of blue Loctite 243.

Source in USA:
Eric Weller
BAT Inc. / MOCAL USA
(941) 355-0005
[email protected]

Google MOCAL in the UK for buying there, they are made there.

To remove the stock adapter, I used a 6-point 1/2" drive socket 1-1/8" and it was a bit loose fit but it was at hand. Being gentle on it, it came loose with a bit of pressure on the ratchet handle. No indication of factory thread locker.

To install the MOCAL adapter I used a 6-point 1/2" drive socket 1" which is a good fit. I dabbed 243 blue loctite and threaded it by hand into the rag-cleaned and dried hole. It went all the way in by hand mostly smoothly. When bottomed, I gave it a bump with the socket then a second bump and it was solid.

The 3323 went on smoothly. I tightened by hand tighter than usual and all the way I felt rubber contact and I never felt the oil filter bottom out on the hex. Nice.

I'm not able to ride today dammitall. In the next couple days I'll get it fully warm and correctly check level etc and if anything seems amiss I'll post it here but I don't expect issues.

20200612_121616.jpg
20200612_122028.jpg

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay I copied-out my post (above) from Rudy's master thread in order to convert to pdf and insert into the Documentation Forum. Hope it helps.

Many thanks to master mod man Rudy (rij1) for making it possible to identify the trouble, the dimensions, the alternatives, and for encouringing seeking-out other possible solutions. This place is filled with awesome people!

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Awesome Mike, you got it installed without issue.
This should help out many others now and later. My thinned hex union is doing well still and I'm sure your wouldn't have any issues with yours. Thanks for sticking through the threads to figure this out.

For those who would like to read more into the whole issue with leaks, filters and how we got it all figured out the resolution check out the links below.

Lots of time, patience and research went into these threads
Oil leak
And
Oil Filter Adapter Union Bolt (Differences and Issues(02'-05' and 06'-09')

Mike, we've explored and still found more of what the warrior has hidden all these years. And we thought everything was already exposed ha ha.

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@rij1 yes its now been installed long enough for a few local rides with zero drips on the garage floor.

Coincidentally, I did find a slow weeping of oil past one oil plug's gasket washer I installed same time as the MOCAL union. Go figure I just replenished my stock of gasket washers with the same Dorman part number I have used for years. At the time, I did not notice any difference but candidly did not pay attention. Closer inspection showed the gasket washer to be hard aluminum, testing in vice jaws barely left marks unless seriously tightened. So I ordered from a new source and this time bought actual layered soft copper oil crush washers. They perform correctly. I put the part# and source in my data thread (link in sigpic).

A few weeks have passed.
No drips and no weeping!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts