RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Warrior with a dynojet power commander and a slip on pipe. I want to beef it up a lot more and I want to do it during the recall. I was going to get the 97mm high compression kit and vance and hines piston kit to start. Should I get the cam and spring sets too. How much power will I be gaining. What else should I do during the recall? All help is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
abefly,
I'm going with the Orient Express 100 mm 10.1:1 pistons and jugs, their high lift cams, ceramic tipped lifters, adjustable pushrods and the ported rear exhaust manifold. I've got the V&H ProPipe, PCIII, BAK, and a couple other little mods. They told me to expect around 105 - 110 hp and 125 lb/ft torque.
Check the specs before you lay down $$$ for cams - some that are offered won't give you much over stock. You'll never appreciate those Hi-Comp pistons unless you do the cams too - they change the entire attitude of the engine.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The V&H Propipe and the 97mm HC pistons can give you 5-10hp total. Ask yourself; How much do I want or can spend and how much horsepower do I want. Then go from there. Also is this step one or a one time, all the marbles, shot. Then, with those answers there are 100 riders here that can give you a good advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts