RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh there folks,

It's the end of another great bike season up here. The warrior is cuddling up in the garage and waiting for me to pamper her. I would like to enlarge her butt this winter and give her a full 240... I was just trying to figure out, being not much of a mechanic but eager to learn, how much would this mod cost me? Whats the whole story and consequences of this mod? Whats the cheapest way to go, coze as usual I'm on a very tight budget. I know cycle image has an exchange program but there aint many options besides the chrome kit, or maybe I'm not readin well. Keep me dreamin.

Nathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,319 Posts
If you do a search, you will find many topics and at least 3 vendors that do the 240. I think only one of them runs specials now and than on used kits. I hate these sensitive topics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,800 Posts
It isn't a secret guys, trust me, it is just one of those things. He said, she said type of stuff, or in this case vendor said, vendor said.

You thought the fact that Rove and Libby might be indicted tomorrow (10.28.05) was political, well they ain't got nothing on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,891 Posts
I dont think it needs to be a big secret. The options that I know of are Performance Edge and Cycle Image (I have to apologize, I dont know the 3rd vendor). The ones I mentioned list their products on Ebay and both appear to be high quality

Unfortunately my wife doesnt think I need one bad enough to justify the cost for either
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,372 Posts
Its called "Site Supporting Vendor's" This Forum has Businesses that pay money to run Advertisement Banners that link you, the consumer, to their web sites. It is a form of advertisement that gives these Vendor's the right to sell their items on Our Forum. Our Vendor's help us maintain and pay to keep this site up and running. If another Vendor is posting on this forum and is not a "Site Supporting Vendor" than it is considered SPAM.....Performance Edge was once a "Site Supporting Vendor" and their account has expired, thus no longer a Site Supporting Vendor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,372 Posts
Get a Gold Card and say screw it.........[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

quote:Originally posted by nathanael

Heh there folks,

It's the end of another great bike season up here. The warrior is cuddling up in the garage and waiting for me to pamper her. I would like to enlarge her butt this winter and give her a full 240... I was just trying to figure out, being not much of a mechanic but eager to learn, how much would this mod cost me? Whats the whole story and consequences of this mod? Whats the cheapest way to go, coze as usual I'm on a very tight budget. I know cycle image has an exchange program but there aint many options besides the chrome kit, or maybe I'm not readin well. Keep me dreamin.

Nathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,800 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar


Its called "Site Supporting Vendor's" This Forum has Businesses that pay money to run Advertisement Banners that link you, the consumer, to their web sites. It is a form of advertisement that gives these Vendor's the right to sell their items on Our Forum. Our Vendor's help us maintain and pay to keep this site up and running. If another Vendor is posting on this forum and is not a "Site Supporting Vendor" than it is considered SPAM.....Performance Edge was once a "Site Supporting Vendor" and their account has expired, thus no longer a Site Supporting Vendor.


Indeed.

The guys mentioned above aren't even the place I am [not] speaking of. The guys I am [not] referring to is another place entirely.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,372 Posts
Indeed.

The guys mentioned above aren't even the place I am [not] speaking of. The guys I am [not] referring to is another place entirely.


Yes, I know that individual and he is a great guy and all, but.......Site Supporting Vendor he is not. He did tell me it might be in the budget for this year, so we will see. Hopefully, it is. More competition the better in my book!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,695 Posts
So, before I drop myself in the poop in the future let me get this right. If someone posts a message asking if anyone knows of a 'Chromer' or a company that sell stainless bolt kits (for example), am I now to assume that I cannot mention any vendors that do not support this site? If this it correct then I should already be in the poop as I mentioned a company that gave me a great deal on a Metzeler tyre a while ago and they are certainly not a site sponsor. Most grateful if you could clarify.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,372 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Brit_Warrior

So, before I drop myself in the poop in the future let me get this right. If someone posts a message asking if anyone knows of a 'Chromer' or a company that sell stainless bolt kits (for example), am I now to assume that I cannot mention any vendors that do not support this site? If this it correct then I should already be in the poop as I mentioned a company that gave me a great deal on a Metzeler tyre a while ago and they are certainly not a site sponsor. Most grateful if you could clarify.

We are working on guidelines pertaining to this topic, please be patient. Thank-you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
A suggestion for the guidelines:

PMs are discreet for such instances and also - when a member finds good deal,and/or finds a stand-up vendor -- incentivize the member to recruit the vendor to be a board sponsor. Could be something real simple - designation as a "Golden Warrior" in their sig - or some such. That way everyone benefits. JMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
So am I correct with the understanding that ebay, pepboys, autozone, custom world, progressive, metzeler, etc.., companies and or brands or cycle shops and or services should not be mentioned because they are not site sponsors and would be considered spaming?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top