RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, most likley im buying a used 02 warrior here in a few days and the guy has informed me that he is #8 in the recall list. now, since they are going into the motor, what key mods should i do (mildly priced) while im there? im looking for about 1,000- 1,500 price range which does not include air filter or pipes....im getting those anyhow. which ones are most beneficial....i wsa thinking pistons, cam and i have no idea what else....

thanks fro the help and i hope to be of some use on this board....[^]

·
Registered
263 Posts
It depends on your dealer, and what he's willing to do for you, 50 bucks will probably change his mind if he wants to be hard nosed. 5th gear and pistons are about all that can be considered as included labor, the rest is additional in some of their eyes. Cams are on the side that does'nt get taken apart and spring installation is another up in price. Also keep in mind the mechanic is only paid 9.5 hours to do the whole job. Like Rob Hughes said 50 bucks go a long way. Good luck. Cliff

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Maybe look into pistons, cams, or one of the big bore kits. Big bore kits are in the 700-800 range. If your going with a big bore kit (PR or OE), get your order in now though. There is a wait on everything right now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess also another question...

none of these will void the warranty huh? same note, the bike does not have the YES so i called the dealership and they said i could purchase it seperately....i dont wanna put these things in, purchase the YES and have it completely voided with the mods...thanks for the replies. joey

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
yes and no, depending on the dealer. IF problem occurs as a direct result of the Hi performance mods then Yes the warranty is void. My dealer said that they would try and work with me if something should happen. A lot depends on the dealer and how they put in for warranty work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by warstar

Maybe look into pistons, cams, or one of the big bore kits. Big bore kits are in the 700-800 range. If your going with a big bore kit (PR or OE), get your order in now though. There is a wait on everything right now.

thanks for ya'lls info....im new into buying performance parts and things on the net...

so coudl someone direct me as to where to look for these parts?

which part #'s should i look for for each of those parts mentioned here? and what kinda price range we talking about...like on the big bore kits...PR i guess is patrick racing and OE...what kinda money we talking about in difference.

thanks again...

(im at work and have limited net usage....and i since im strapped fro time, maybe this will help me out so i don't have to go searching for parts dealers) [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
HC pistons and cams are probably the best bang for the buck. Check with your dealer who's doing the work. Chances are with there dealer discount they can get parts just as cheap as you and they're usually easier to get along with if they order the parts. Patric or Orient Express are the guys to go with. I opted for O.E, They just seemed to engineer the whole cam and lifter set really well. You're pretty well going to have to go with a PC111 after that much internal work also.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by Meatball

HC pistons and cams are probably the best bang for the buck. Check with your dealer who's doing the work. Chances are with there dealer discount they can get parts just as cheap as you and they're usually easier to get along with if they order the parts. Patric or Orient Express are the guys to go with. I opted for O.E, They just seemed to engineer the whole cam and lifter set really well. You're pretty well going to have to go with a PC111 after that much internal work also.

sweet.....UPDATE!!!

i signed the paperwork this morning. the bike is mine and ima go pick it up tomorrow noon'ish.

how much will the cam/piston setup cost? im also gonna buy that 5th gear thing from cycleimage.com? that right? and whre can i buy those cam/ piston? thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts