RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you having done?
I have the Speedstar air scoop (in the box), and am considering the Patrick Racing BAK. I have seen the 10.25/1 piston kit (spd-5px09-6020) for about $275. That sounds like a good idea too. What about the cam kit? What kind of gains will cams add? Will the factory ECU suffice or does a PCIII become necessary? What is the best way to go? How about a couple of different options? maybe a budget plan, a middle of the road performance Vs. high dollar plan and one for the deep pocket guys. Will some of the really knowledgable performance people advise the less knowledgable (me) as to which way to go? I saw one post recommending the speedstar springs even without the cams. How about the 108ci kits? Will they run hot without the chrome cylinder liners?

·
Registered
589 Posts
There have been at least 20 or more posts about exactly what your asking within the last 2 weeks. Do a search on anything your looking for and I know you will find something. Search cams, pistons, 108 kit, Patrick Racing, OE etc etc.... Everything is out there for you to explore.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked. And there is a fair amount of info.But not any one post stating "I am doint this,this and this. Hoping that it will do "X" to performance. I am sort of planning on the PR BAK, Pistons and cams, a PCIII as needed. Is this adequate? Do I need to to more? is there any other part you would replace as well? What about a new clutch while it is apart?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Might as well have the heads port and polished while you are at it. If you have the bucks go the max. Me I can only afford the pistons at this time, so that's what I'm going with.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Darksky here is a link to a sheet I posted breaking things down into stages.http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11954&whichpage=5

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, you get 10% off the listed price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Patrick. I think I will be going with the HC pistons. Are yours better than speedstar's for a daily rider bike? The Speedstar cams and springs. A PCIII and the V&H big shots. Along with your BAK. Orient Express recommends porting the exhaust manifold for $110. What do you think? I want to try and stay in the "reasonable" price range. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts