RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally was able to scrape up enough money. Now i can finally start some mods. There is so much that i'd like to do, not sure where to start. I got a totally stock bike (05). I'm definitely gonna do the fender eliminator, VBAK, not sure about the PC3 yet, and i guess it was suggested to do the AIS b/off as well. Even though i like the stock can, i think it's time to grow up and get something with a bigger growl, so pipes will need to come next, anyone have suggestions for some good slip on's? I'm just getting my laundry list 2gether, the little lady gave me permission. I'm feeling like a kid at x-mas!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I know what ur talking about - have fun - i just replaced the diamond filter housing with a speedstar scoop - cant help it but i just got to look at it all the time and just smile - once again enjoy!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Forget the slip on's and get a new exhaust. When you mess with the exhaust and the intake (BAK) you will need a Power commander. But if you buy a slip on, it won't be long before your craving a real exhaust. And by that I mean a loud exhaust. I suggest Samson exhaust. Wether it be Street Sweepers, Ground pounders, shorties, or ripsaws. They are basically all the same pipes with different tips. And they are loud and will give you the respect you deserve. Yes, you will lose some power going away from a 2 to 1 pipe. But unless your building a drag racing bike, it won't matter. Sill plenty of power to play with.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Forget the slip on's and get a new exhaust....But if you buy a slip on, it won't be long before your craving a real exhaust.

+1

Congrats on the bike and the "ok" from the little lady to start the mods. Take your time and look into each one more here and you'll probably find more options then you realized existed.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
you wont "need" a pcIII if you get exhaust and BAK. the bike will run a little smoother and you will squeak out that extra 1-2 hp with a pcIII.

if money is no issue and you have been givencarte blanche then get the pcIII and the full exhaust. I have the V&H bigshots and I love em. some of the best performing 2-2 pipes and loud but not too loud.

if money is kind of an issue then I would full exhaust and no PCIII

if money is a big issue (like it is for many of us) then barons was discontinuing the sport nasty slip on and selling it for a cheap price(i dont know how many are still around). they look kind of like the stock can but smaller and sleeker.

just my .02

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Nice to get the ok
. Now enjoy the mod bug. Just get pipes not a slipon. Be prepared!!! This is only the begining

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scoper50 said:
Forget the slip on's and get a new exhaust. When you mess with the exhaust and the intake (BAK) you will need a Power commander. But if you buy a slip on, it won't be long before your craving a real exhaust. And by that I mean a loud exhaust. I suggest Samson exhaust. Wether it be Street Sweepers, Ground pounders, shorties, or ripsaws. They are basically all the same pipes with different tips. And they are loud and will give you the respect you deserve. Yes, you will lose some power going away from a 2 to 1 pipe. But unless your building a drag racing bike, it won't matter. Sill plenty of power to play with.

Yeah seems like the slip-on(Roadhouse) is almost as expensive as a complete system. Just saw some ground pounders for 369.00 thanks for heads up

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Forget the slip on's and get a new exhaust. When you mess with the exhaust and the intake (BAK) you will need a Power commander.

+1

if you want short pipes look at the streetsweepersand if you like them long, then think about the V&H big-shots.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Cyberdon said:
Scoper50 said:

Yeah seems like the slip-on(Roadhouse) is almost as expensive as a complete system. Just saw some ground pounders for 369.00 thanks for heads up
The $369 seems like a decent deal until a year from now the pipes crack... If you are going to spend the money get yourself the most bang for your buck and pick up a V&H Pro Pipe.

A slip on is not a bad deal as the stock head pipe seems to flow really well.

You will not have to worry about a PCIII with just a pipe. If you are not going to do a lot of performance mods, I would even recommend the Techlusions TFi Fuel Injection Module.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If $$ is kinda an issue, there is a member here selling a Cobra FI2000 here in the classifieds for $50. Don't get me wrong, Ideally I would want a PCIII but my bike came with the Cobra. Sure it's not as tuneable as a PCIII but it will get the job done (adding more fuel to the mixture). Other than that, I'd go with Samson exhaust, Churchkey VBAK, and some kind of cover to replace the stock shield on the right.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hey, I've got a brand new, in the box, Bub's boom can slip on that you can have for $50.

Just ride over and get it. It should tide you over for a while anyway. I'll be home all day.

- Steve

·
Registered
99 Posts
You have to determine the volume you would like from your exhaust. This bike is capable of becoming quite loud. I have a speedstar 2 into 1 and was told this is one of the better performing but quieter systems. The pro pipe is another really solid choice. If you want loud go short 2 into 2.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i gotta save a few more clams b4 i step up to your set-up. One day though
Pipes are such a big decision...**** so many choices! Thanks for the input everyone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts