RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a bigbore 110 patrick racing and I'm wondering about the procedure to have the best setup and how it works. My knowledge and my mechanical skills are limited to the basic adjustment.

So how it work, I buy the kit on patrick racing website or via pacificcoaststar and I go to my yamaha dealer for the modification?

Is the bigbore 110 setup enough or would I be better off adding Flat Tappet Cam Kit and Valve Spring Kits or something else? My goal is to gain hp and torque.

My current modifications are :
V-Bak churchkey
NGK spark plug iridium
Full holeshot exhaust
Ivan's Ecu
Cobra PowrPro Black

Once the bigbore 110 setup is installed, should I send my ecu back to Ivan's for re-programming, would I be better off switching to a power commander and sending my bike on the dyno.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Registered
These links may help
GDWARRIOR RSWARRIOR Member馃憤馃憤馃槑
Frec 馃嚞馃嚙

Premium Member
First question is budget?
Next question is your goals?
If you do the BB kit then I would definitely do cams.
If you have never cracked open a motor I would not recommend this be your first attempt.
Also there might be some speed shops that are more capable than your local stealership.
Also Ivan's tune does not cover big bore kits so a nice power commander, good tuner and let him go to work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

My budget is between 2000 and 3000. My goal would be to gain acceleration.

My engine is stock and has never been opened.

Thanks.

Premium Member
Not to be the Debbie downer just in parts alone you will be at $3,000 if purchased new. I hate to pee in your cereal but to go fast always cost money. Buying used would probably be the best bet. To get the most out of the cams the need the HC pistons. The cams will give you more than the Big Bore by itself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Not to be the Debbie downer just in parts alone you will be at $3,000 if purchased new. I hate to pee in your cereal but to go fast always cost money. Buying used would probably be the best bet. To get the most out of the cams the need the HC pistons. The cams will give you more than the Big Bore by itself.

I'm ok to go over the $3000 but do you know if the result is noticeable ?

So I would be better off with the HC piston and cam kit the than the big bore?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts