RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i've been and gone and visited monty in kiev

24 hour delay at gatwick airport .... 5 days turned into 4 days in kiev in the ukraine .... another story

monty was outside the airbnb flat to greet us with the owner sergey

he then made use of his near perfect russian, to guide us for 4 days and make sure we ate well and meet many of his 'lovely' looking friends and it snowed on Christmas day for us ...i particularly liked the infused vodkas hic

and hearing ivan blue play at the blue star cellar bar christmas eve ... amazing !!

monty had been on the kiev radio station talking about his motorcycle adventures blog [in Russian!] and it was decided they would follow a grand tour he had in mind with a journalist riding with him named natasha [another lovely girl] .... from portugal to russia via the back roads!! ...yup on his trusty warrior again...i know!

so as a rehearsal and to see if they could stand being together for that long ...natasha and monty came to the airport with us to fly to turkey ...yup

then an over night bus south to the dalaman region to start hiking [on foot] for two months!! ...yup walk two days, rest up in a hotel, and so on.... will they be back early .... ?.... my money is on two very determined and confident people making it happen somehow

that's our monty ...so you guys wont be hearing from him too much for a while, but i will keep you updated here when i know anything

he is posting to facebook so rob can catch him to

he did us proud in kiev ... monty is very special

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
thanks for the info as it has been a while that we have not heard anything from him however you forgot one thing, pictures of the lovelies and maybe Natasha as some of us live vicariously through Monty's travels and pictures and he always manages to squeeze in some shots of the locals

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info as it has been a while that we have not heard anything from him however you forgot one thing, pictures of the lovelies and maybe Natasha as some of us live vicariously through Monty's travels and pictures and he always manages to squeeze in some shots of the locals
yes i have photos of wonderurous anastasia and natasha and anya and his 3 language teachers that came to the club with us...not one of them male of course :D

i'll get them up after the new year, i'm off up north for more adventures tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazing visit Doc. You said no when Monty asked YOU to be on the pack seat huh? ��
pretty awesome prof .... once in a life time opportunity

i was def at the back of the queue ...a great many fine clever and beautiful ladies were ahead of me :D

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
That is an adventure
its 2084 km from the middle of turkey to kiev that is serious walking
hope they don't have a falling out on the way
how come he always gets a young lady to go with him
don't they employ male reporters haha

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
I see Tom is using more of that "proper" English nobody can understand. ;) I am not even sure we were on the same tour together. :p

So we drank , every night, some vodka infused with horseradish.

We met with some of my friends, yes all girls. Believe me Tom didn't want to meet any friends of mine that are guys. A little Englishman like Tom most likely would of died from the drinking that always occurs when the guys get together in Ukraine.

We saw the amazing Ivan Blues play! Tom loved it, I might have video to prove it :) .That was in a bar down in an old cellar called The Blues Bar.
As mentioned I was interviewed on the radio. It was mostly about my travels.

Yes I do have a big plan. Im not sure it will involve the Warrior. That depends on how things develop over the next 1.5 years, ya that long its a heck of a plan.

At the moment I am hiking in Turkey. Yes a girl is with me. Its all part of the grand scheme I got going . If we do this trip with out killing each other. Then she is going to help me with part 2 of the plan, not saying what that is yet. ;)

So as always stay tuned I will keep everyone updated as I can and as the plan develops.
Cheers
Monty

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Ps the plan doesn't involve kids or marriage. It involves motorcycle and more motorcycle.
That was my plan when I was 24 but things change.
marriage, two bairns, no bike, divorce and none of those were in my 'plans'

life has ways of changing your plans but I hope they work out for you Monty

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
The adventures continue Monty. You are keeping us all intrigued as we travel with you through your posts. Tom nice to see you got there and back safely without alcohol poisoning. You should have stayed, learn Russian and found a nice Ukraine girl to bring home.:D:D:D

Heff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts