RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will link a video to show what happened.

It is a Ram knockoff. I have owned Ram mounts before and the ball and clamp were Ram. I didn’t notice any difference in the two. Seen a video from Walterific who had the same thing happen to him. I could not have the phone any further down because of the power and volume keys. It may have been the new case I had. I was surprised that the phone flipped out and the rubber boots stayed on.
Lesson learned. I will not be mounting my phone again lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
That sucks. I use the ram mount with the claw which allows me more flexibility. I've had my Samsung S7 come out when I get close to 100mph. Both times the power cable held it long enough for me to grab it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always used a RAM mount never had a problem. The tension on this knockoff felt the same to me. I guess not. But it cost me $600 to find out. Now I am rocking an ebay Garmin and a Ram mount for it. Total cost for that set up was under $100.00. I can live with that flying off lol. Even though now I have a wind screen and it shouldn't happen again. Keep my phone in my pocket or trunk now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I always used a RAM mount never had a problem. The tension on this knockoff felt the same to me. I guess not. But it cost me $600 to find out. Now I am rocking an ebay Garmin and a Ram mount for it. Total cost for that set up was under $100.00. I can live with that flying off lol. Even though now I have a wind screen and it shouldn't happen again. Keep my phone in my pocket or trunk now.
Is your garmin hardwired? I would love a rechargeable setup for under $100. What model did you get?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is your garmin hardwired? I would love a rechargeable setup for under $100. What model did you get?

I installed a 12v power plug under my seat connected to a relay. I have the Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT. Only paid $50 on ebay and it was new.

Reactions: Chomorro

·
Registered
340 Posts
I installed a 12v power plug under my seat connected to a relay. I have the Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT. Only paid $50 on ebay and it was new.
Thank you! Noted.

I just purchased the phone holder off amazon others from the forum recommended for 25 bucks. But this gps unit looks pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Noted.

I just purchased the phone holder off amazon others from the forum recommended for 25 bucks. But this gps unit looks pretty awesome.

I will take some pics of the gps and wiring under my seat and post them.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts