RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an experience on modifying belt pulleys? Changing the transmition ratio?

Good supplier for the pulleys?

What about using MT01 stage 3 CAM shafts?

[?]

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I and alot of other people use the 31 tooth pulley from barons $179.00 the 30 tooth works as well but kills 1st gear..

Sorry has for jumping your topic but has anyone used a belt with the two extra teeth to move rim farther back in the swingarm for greater clearance with the 280 kit

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
What is the Road Star 5th gear going to do for off the line acceleration Novice??? Do you start out in 5th gear off the line???[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] You must be running the SuperCharger!

It might help with gas mileage or a slight drop in rpm's when you are cruising in 5th gear, but that really is about it.....

You want acceleration off the line drop down front pulley to a 31 tooth....30 tooth is too much in my opinion....

quote:Originally posted by novice_warrior

jukka... you can search for roadstar 5th gear and like mike said the pulley can be purchased from phats or barons.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
The perfect combo one tooth smaller front pulley for better off the line aceleration and the 5th gear from Roadstar for equal high speed.
But to much money... better is to change to chain and sprockets. Less money,work,and change front sprocket easily from one big for low rpm on high speed and a smaller one for drag time. Ehacker ( something like that) sells them.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Penzoil makes some good points for Racing but all around riding the belt less maintance.. No greece sprockets and chains wear faster and are much louder.. Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I've ridden with chains all of my life less the last 2 years with a belt on my Warrior, I'd never go back to a chain now, as Ohiomike says, too much maintenance & muck for me. As the guys said jukka, the 31 tooth pully is the way to go. If all goes well for me, should have mine in a few weeks or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts