RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the topic is to be locked, you should lock it up at the top of the screen so folks can see it.

If we are to check our language, how about a spell check feature too?

John

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Not sure what you mean, TaiwanJohn. There are no options for locking a topic, it's either locked or it isn't. BTW, everyone, it wasn't locked in an effort to anger anyone. It was just an informational post. Not meant to be a lenghtly thread. Personally I swear like a sailor in real life. But I have always tried to curb it here. Sometimes it gets away from me, though. So if I offended anyone with my guttermouth, I apologize.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think John's point was that, if the "keep a lid on the language" topic is something that everyone should see (think newbies to the forum in weeks or months), that topic should be locked at the top of the list. On another board I frequent, that seems to be done by setting the topic timestamp off into the future, so it is always the "newest" topic.

As for the spelchek, TJ, I say lern to spel. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
717 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TaiwanJohn

Somehow that license plate topic stays at the top...

When it stays on the top, it is sticky so it won't get burried under the messages so others can see it even if there is no new post on it. CarKnee made that sticky so the new members can see it and order their frame if they wanted to. Is that what you were asking or I didn't understand you correctly?

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Yeah, it could be made "sticky" but I don't think we all want to be staring at it everyday. If someone is being offensive, myself or one of the other moderators (or anybody else for that matter) will be there to let them know.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey guys - how about a Private Message to the person with the offensive language, and ask him/her to delete his/her posting and re-post with less than offensive language? We are all adults and I think we can all handle being told to tone it down a bit.

·
Registered
775 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BartenderSammy

Hey guys - how about a Private Message to the person with the offensive language, and ask him/her to delete his/her posting and re-post with less than offensive language? We are all adults and I think we can all handle being told to tone it down a bit.

[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]Good idea Paul.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Thanks for the Advice Paul.
We have a board of Moderator's that collectivley decide which action or direction we will take when it comes to violation of forum rules and policy's. Does not take much common sense to understand that there are people from all paths of life that chat on this forum. All I am asking is from everyone is to respect forum members wishes about using foul language. I would have never brought this matter to attention if a forum member did not email me at home. There is no room for discussion on this matter. It is a matter of "RESPECT" something my parents taught me a very long time ago!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
To make things a bit easier... some words are just replaced with stars now.

Also,
I will not make that topic sticky... I am working on some guidelines that will include some basic rules. This will be made sticky in the appropriate forum.

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Registered
23 Posts
****! I think i was the ****** that started all this! Sorry. DarkStar, you are 100% right. Sometimes i get wound up about my Warrior, and things flow from my thoughts directly to the keyboard. I, as well as a few others, forget that these words are offensive to some people, that they're more than just spicy adjectives. I'll read my posts after i type them now and delete all the profanities. Ride Safe. bill

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
HangonTight,
No problem! We do realize that it happens. We all get carried away and eventually will slip out some sort of profanity. That is why none of the moderator's or Carknee really made a big deal out of this. I was just bringing to light how it does offend some folks! It happen's. ****, I do it all the time! Opps!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
THAT'S COOL WITH ME. I'VE BEEN PRONE TO USING PROFANITY AND OTHER DESCRIPTIVE IMAGES THAT MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOMEONE ELSE. I'LL MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO CURB IT . SORRY FOLKS

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I never even noticed any foul language, I have taught myself to be not be offended by anything and there is no word that scares me or evokes any emotional response at all but I have no problem respecting the eyes of those that do allow themselves to be offended or prone to emotional reaction to certain mixtures of letters

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yea, **** probably shouldn't be used here, as it does tend to be used more frequently the more often it is used. People just have a tentency to run away with it. But it's kind of too ****in' bad, because it's such a ****in' versatile word! It can be a verb, as in "to ****." Or an adverb, as in "dude, you are ****ed." And of course, the adjective, like "The Warrior is ****in' awesome!"
Not only that, but it provides for unique and powerful expression:
"**** that!" or just simply, "****!!"
So, just what am I getting at here? ****, I dunno, just thought I'd sit here and **** around on this thread. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts