RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to dynamos2000 I checked out the tourmaster luggage looks OK. Does anyone use this and wot are your opinions of it

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey Wizard, I am also interested in the Tourmaster luggage. Does anyone on this site have any experience with Tourmaster luggage? Fit, finish, functionality?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Redhorse,

I'm in a quandry about S/B's. I checked out the SB-30's, cruiselites and Joe Rockets. Overall, I think it was a tie between the SB-30's and JR's. I have removed the rear turn signals, can I still SAFELY mounts either of these? What are the options, if any? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
The rear straps that tie into the stock turn signals, don't really do that much. That may help prevent the bags from sliding forward in a aggressive stop if they're heavily laddened. The front straps should also prevent them from sliding too far forward.

But, I figure the two top straps that go over the fender should do the same. With the stock seat, I would tuck the front strap underneath the seat. Should help with it sliding forward or backwards... not that I have any problems with it sliding arround.

With the Solo seat the bags fender front strap butts up behind it, so it'll act as a slide stop also.

The bags front straps I have tied up to the passenger foot brackets. Those help hold the bags from sliding off the bike.

In any case the straps are fairly long, so you may be able to jerry-rig something for the rear straps. if you still want to use them.

The four straps are attached to the bags via 1" plastic quick release buckle. So, if you don't want to use them, they clip right off for removal.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Jimboman,
you may have already disgarded this idea, but think about EZ brackets. I used these because I didn't want to deal with a strap tie down or a strap across the rear fender. More expensive but real clean and the bags can lock onto the bike. Very easy on/off.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Twisted is spot on with the EasyBrackets.

I just mounted a set with Saddlemen Universal Rigid Saddlebags, those EasyBrackets are pricey but they are definitely the shiznit. Easy to install, easy to remove, saved me a tremendous amount of work. I did not want to deal with affixing these big bags to a saddlebag guard bracket. Yeah I'm skeptical and frugal about most things but these EasyBrackets work as promised, worth the money to me!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
www.easybrackets.com

I dunno about the MC backrest, it looks like that backrest mounts to the same fender screw threads that the EasyBrackets use. Not sure if the mounting bolts that come with the EasyBrackets would be long enough to accomodate the MC backrest. You'll need to investigate....

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decisions decisions how does the Tour master Tri Bag System stack up anyone use it and if so wot are the good points and bad, also wot is the best way to attach it to the bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts