RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the extensions from cycle-istic? Found it through a google search, it's only $15 more than the V-Star brackets. **** this sounds like an ad for them, but it's not. I'm just looking for some feedback. They're at:
http://www.cycle-istic.com/PegExtenders.html

Also, after 21 years of not riding, just got a Warrior this past Monday, and, all I can say is, it's unbelievable. The shop already had a V&H ProPipe on it. It was just begging to come home with me.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
They look good. Why is all this motorcycle stuff so much money? I would like to see them on a WArrior with a stock pipe before I got them.

C

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I agree, I just emailed the vendor to make sure they actually designed these for use with the stock pipe, since it is such a BIG can. It probably brings the peg down and forward enough so it makes the hop right before the pipe enters the can. Thinking about how to make my own version, too. Time vs money thing....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Here is the reply from Cycle-istic as to the applicability of their peg extensions to the warrior:

"I have not personally installed the kit on a Warrior, but I'm pretty sure it will work with the stock exhaust and with the stock peg, without the need for a spacer kit. The peg would be relocated about 4" forward, down and outboard. The only thing I'm not sure about is protection for the passenger's ankle at the very forward end of that huge muffler. There might be a need for some sort of a heat shield. Unfortunately, we don't have a Warrior here to work with.
If you order a set and they just won't work for you , they can be returned, undamaged of course, for a full refund except for shipping charges.
Thanks
-Dobie"
http://www.cycle-istic.com/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kuryakyn makes a similiar setup, but I am not sure if they will adapt as well as these. I have been debating on what to do to lower the pegs, there are becoming more and more options.

Good Luck

·
Registered
600 Posts
I did the flip over mod and got the pegs down and forward a couple of inches. Cost was 0 except for a few washers. It's a good first option.

DNACK[8D]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DNACK

I did the flip over mod and got the pegs down and forward a couple of inches. Cost was 0 except for a few washers. It's a good first option.

DNACK[8D]

Did it work for you with the stock pipes?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey Stiletto,

I have Bub Chambermaids. The flip doesn't work with the stock exhaust. There's a picture in my gallery.

DNACK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I broke out the die-grinder & got to cutting.. I'm doing the
PEG-FLIP-OVER w/ the stock pipe.. So far ot looks like it works fine??? I'm not sure why everyone is saying it wont work, am I missing something??? I flipped & cut both peg brackets (the pointy part on the left side & the little corners so the peg will close), cut off the wire heel guard on the pipe side, rebent & welded it back to the bracket so it clears the pipe. I'm picking up the spacers & 2" bolts from pep-boys 2moro... Is the problem w/ the wire heel guard clearing???

I will send pics when finished...
(will soembody tell me how to post pics please)
(this is my FIRST post, is there some sort of ritual im supposed to do? like cut my shirt tail off?)

[email protected]
SRT5321 is my AIM Screen Name...

·
Registered
11 Posts
wait wait wait... i think i added pics...

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/members/srt5321/Peg_Bracket_001.jpg>http://www.rswarrior.com/members/srt5321/Peg_Bracket_001.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finished Peg-Flip w/ stock exhaust.. the Wife LOVES it! I did have problems finding the EXACT size spacers, I had to get some stand-ins at Lowes... I also dont think the paint i did will hold up, so i'm 99% sure im gonna go get the brackets powder coated flat black...

Also, if you look behind the wire heel guard, you can see where i've powder coated the muffler bracket flat black.. it looks 10x better than the brushed aluminum, IMO [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]...

Matt.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hey Matt, nice work and pictures my friend! Looks great, and thanks for taking this on and showing us this mod will work with the stock exhaust. Think I will try my hand at this before sinking $80 into the peg extenders, once I get the Mustang Vintage seat. Hopefully the added height on the Mustang seat and the flip will make my wife as happy as yours....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts