RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was rough. A dear friend of mine lost his son in a motorcycle accident last night. A 16 year old girl pulled out in front of him while he was traveling down the road @ about 55 mph (the speed limit). The girl will be charged but it doesn't really matter now ... He was wearing a helmet and was not faulted at all in the accident. On top of another tragedy, they lost their other son about 18 months ago. His Dad took me out to 2 dealerships this spring and is one of the reasons I am back on 2 wheels. If you can, Say a prayer for Kevin and Brenda Duncan for their son Jesse.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Prayers go to them from me too. I would also like to add I feel sorry for the other driver. She's off to a bad start as a driver. Tough way to learn, makes me glad there was about one third the amount of people on the road when I was learning how to drive. Both my kids drive now and all I can do is worry about them.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Such a tragedy. Please give, Kevin and Brenda our condolences. And above all remind them we are praying for them.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Kris, that is terrible. Please pass my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of this young man. So sad, and such a tragedy having already lost one son.

The legal age to drive a car over here is 17, I still feel that even that is too young, I'd be happier with 18 personally.

·
Registered
803 Posts
What a heavy load for one family to carry. Prayers send.

Brit Warrior, raising the driving age might help but I feel there is no substitute for good training. It doesn't take much to get a drivers license in this country. This is going to be a tough lesson for the girl as well.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Terrible news Jon. I could not bear the thought of losing one of my own. A combination of raising the age, limiting the power and a federal standard driving test is needed.

As a biker you have to assume every cage could knock you off and have an escape route.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Kevin & Brenda,I will definately keep you in my prayers.I could'nt imagine what your going thru.I also have a son named Jesse and he loves to ride,he's only 14 now but already anticipating the day he can get a street bike and ride along side me.We take a chance every time we go out but I can't stop riding because of the risk and I can't deprive my son of the enjoyment of riding.It's in our blood and we have to enjoy it while we can.I pray everyday for all my Warrior/Biker friends to enjoy the ride and to come home safe.Love the ride,Love your family and enjoy life,it's shorter than we sometimes realize!God Bless![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts