RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Re: ** PROBLEM **

saddlebag said:
C-one said:
Again, parts should ship to you without scratches, dings, dents, missing hardware or the company should fix it.
So say you are the company owner and everyone that puts a minor scratch on the leather when they fat finger the installation wants there money back, how do you handle the requests?

Simple, tighten up on your QUALITY CONTROL! (Where there issmoke there is fire). I really don't see customers spending this amount of money and then damaging it in these numbers.

This is where I'm at with Corbin.

I have forward these picture to customer service and i am waiting for the next steps

Ok?
Marissa

At 11:47 AM 6/2/2010, you wrote:

Marissa,

Have you had time to review my previous emails regarding the ding in the chrome section of my new seat?

I emailed a picture as you requested on May 27th. This is the day that I received the seat. Of course it is hard to get a decent picture with the location/reflection of the chrome and size of the ding.

I figured I would have received a response by now, even with the holiday weekend.

I would be content if Corbin could send me a new chrome plate to replace the damaged one, if not then a $50 dollar refund to cover the damage.

Craig

· Registered
750 Posts

I've had two Corbin seats in my motorcycle history. The first was back in the early 1980's. The latch was misaligned and some of the stitching was crooked. I was able to make it work but was not happy. The last was in the late 1990's when I gave them a second try. The seat fit poorly and had trouble aligning to the bike and thus its screw type attachment was poor at best. It had an optional plug in back rest and besides the sloppy clearance hole for back rest the leather around the backrest pulled up over a short period of time revealing sloppy glue application for the rear backrest cover (which is just a jagged cut leather swatch with a shite load of glue smeared all over it.

I will not buy from Corbin again. It appears some people actually get good seats from them, but at $600 for the last seat and the lack of company wide Quality Assurance and poor or no Quality Control I will never waste another dime with them. The internet is a very powerful thing and while I hate to see good businesses get bad mouthed for no reason, the bad ones should realize they are living on borrowed time.

· Registered
3,663 Posts

fcwarrior said:
How the heck does Corbin make money?

it seems pretty obvious to me. cheap materials, cheap labor, expensive prices = lots of profits.

Its funny I remember one of these type posts came out a few years ago complaining aboutcorbin products. and a few of us chimed in on the problems we had but most people seemed to be willing to defend corbin to the death... i guess times they are a changing.

I looks like this has been an on going problem for years, it appears that corbin has been made aware of it and refuses to do anything about it. it is this kind of company that really pisses me off. aware of a problem but refuse to do anything while they are still making money, then when things start going south for them its "ohhh we're really sorry, we've retooled, we started a new program", insert some other corporateBS line. to me that says they do not care about the customer at all and areONLY trying to make money. these are the companies that i refuse to do business with ever again.

ps i know a for profit company is supposed to make money it just cant be the ONLY thing that they do/care about

· Registered
574 Posts

C-one said:
This is where I'm at with Corbin.
Your request seems reasonable enough. Did you dispute the charge with your credit card? Contact the BBB?

I'm curious to see what they do in such a situation.

****, just seeing how they rank with the BBB would be interesting.

· Registered
574 Posts

SmaShitUp(mike7202) said:
it seems pretty obvious to me. cheap materials, cheap labor, expensive prices = lots of profits.
Yeah cheap leather, fiberglass, and steel formed into a mold that will likely outlive it's owner produced by cheap American labor and designed for nearly every bike in existence over the last 20 years and sold for a few hundred bucks a pop is really a monopolistic rape of consumers.

Since it's so easy to get rich doing it, why not get in the market and get your slice of the pie?

· Registered
5,340 Posts

saddlebag said:
SmaShitUp(mike7202) said:
Yeah cheap leather, fiberglass, and steel formed into a mold that will likely outlive it's owner produced by cheap American labor and designed for nearly every bike in existence over the last 20 years and sold for a few hundred bucks a pop is really a monopolistic rape of consumers. Since it's so easy to get rich doing it, why not get in the market and get your slice of the pie?

I'm sure glad we haveyou posting to make us see the other side of the story. I feel terrible for even bring up the fact that my seat looks & fits like a big turd. You are right Bags...as soon as I can find the backing I'll start a seat business. There will always be plenty of customers like you who are satisfied with halfassed product. I'll be rich!

· Registered
507 Posts
Re: ** PROBLEM UPDATE **

Corbin has agreed to send me a replacement chrome plate for the one that came to me dinged with my Rumble. I did contact my card company today and I filed a dispute just minutes before getting the email from Corbin. Once you drop the dispute it can't be reopened. So as soon as I get the cover I will cancel the dispute and call it done. This is the email between Corbin and myself.

Replacing the chrome plate will be fine. As soon as I receive the plate I will cancel my dispute with mycredit card company. Just to let you know that I make $28.90hr. So .5hr to swap out the plate comes to $44.45 not $30. OK?

Thanks, Craig

To: Craig Coates <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, June 4, 2010 12:52:20 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Craig Coates - Ding in new seat - crome plate

I just received an answer on this chrome plate from customer service. We will be sending you out a new Chrome plate for you. Just to let you know that the cost for this is $30.00 not $50.00. Ok? :) Just keep the damaged one or toss it.. If you have any other questions please feel free to let us know.
Marissa

· Registered
574 Posts
Re: ** PROBLEM UPDATE **

C-one said:
Replacing the chrome plate will be fine. As soon as I receive the plate I will cancel my dispute with mycredit card company. Just to let you know that I make $28.90hr. So .5hr to swap out the plate comes to $44.45 not $30. OK?
Another sassified cussama.

· Registered
574 Posts

HURD said:
I'm sure glad we have you posting to make us see the other side of the story. I feel terrible for even bring up the fact that my seat looks & fits like a big turd.
Well you shouldn't be. But you shouldn't pretend like they are just raping everyone in their path either. The F ranking given to them by the BBB looks pretty bad, but when you consider there are only 34 complaints on them and many of those were resolved it kind of puts things in perspective given the number of seats they produce and length of time they've been in business.

HURD said:
You are right Bags...as soon as I can find the backing I'll start a seat business. There will always be plenty of customers like you who are satisfied with halfassed product. I'll be rich!
Yeah like this one that I had on the yellow bike for ~35k comfortable miles through all types of weather often two up:

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/8c577227b4d14abd8878d3202052ae82/px-assets/a8fb2590b29e47c4b90c221f28451c5f

before I moved it to this bike that I rode another 35k comfortable miles through all types of weather often two up:

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/8c577227b4d14abd8878d3202052ae82/px-assets/3682ac81752f4936b38b8d9b2b116b54

Before I sold it on E-bay for ~$300.

Real halfassed part I tell ya.

· Registered
5,340 Posts

saddlebag said:
HURD said:
I'm sure glad we have you posting to make us see the other side of the story. I feel terrible for even bring up the fact that my seat looks & fits like a big turd.
Well you shouldn't be. But you shouldn't pretend like they are just raping everyone in their path either. The F ranking given to them by the BBB looks pretty bad, but when you consider there are only 34 complaints on them and many of those were resolved it kind of puts things in perspective given the number of seats they produce and length of time they've been in business.

HURD said:
You are right Bags...as soon as I can find the backing I'll start a seat business. There will always be plenty of customers like you who are satisfied with halfassed product. I'll be rich!
Yeah like this one that I had on the yellow bike for ~35k comfortable miles through all types of weather often two up:

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/8c577227b4d14abd8878d3202052ae82/px-assets/a8fb2590b29e47c4b90c221f28451c5f

before I moved it to this bike that I rode another 35k comfortable miles through all types of weather often two up:

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/8c577227b4d14abd8878d3202052ae82/px-assets/3682ac81752f4936b38b8d9b2b116b54

Before I sold it on E-bay for ~$300.

Real halfassed part I tell ya.

That's what I said...they are raping everyone. If you are happy with your seats that's what matters. If he or we are not than we should be able to discuss the problems we are experiencing without you telling us that we are unjust for doing so. My seat is comfortable, but that will not make me look past the fit or appearance. There is no arguement sir,it's a turd. That's my opinion. Nothing you say or post can change that.

· Registered
574 Posts

HURD said:
That's what I said...they are raping everyone.
They fixed C-one up.

HURD said:
If you are happy with your seats that's what matters. If he or we are not than we should be able to discuss the problems we are experiencing
You certainly may, but you shouldn't get so heartbroken because you can't explain how you would handle such complaints if you were on the other side of the transaction.

· Registered
5,340 Posts

saddlebag said:
HURD said:
They fixed C-one up.
HURD said:
If you are happy with your seats that's what matters. If he or we are not than we should be able to discuss the problems we are experiencing
You certainly may, but you shouldn't get so heartbroken because you can't explain how you would handle such complaints if you were on the other side of the transaction.

Are you high? Heartbroke I am not. I was adding my info regarding a "problem" with Corbin seats. The tread isn't "what a great seat" so you input isn't even needed. Your annoying trolling andattempt at putting words in my mouth isn't needed either. Heartbroke lol, do you need some attention?

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·

HURD said:
saddlebag said:
HURD said:
They fixed C-one up.
HURD said:

Are you high? Heartbroke I am not. I was adding my info regarding a "problem" with Corbin seats. The tread isn't "what a great seat" so you input isn't even needed. Your annoying trolling andattempt at putting words in my mouth isn't needed either. Heartbroke lol, do you need some attention?
+1

· Registered
165 Posts

HURD said:
That's great that you will except damaged or imperfect equipment bags, but not me. I don't care if it a $3 burger from McDonald's. If it doesn't look like it does in the picture, then it's going back.
And this is also why Hurd has eaten more Lugies in his hamburgers than anyone known to man!

· Registered
5,340 Posts

Cappo said:
HURD said:
That's great that you will except damaged or imperfect equipment bags, but not me. I don't care if it a $3 burger from McDonald's. If it doesn't look like it does in the picture, then it's going back.

And this is also why Hurd has eaten more Lugies in his hamburgers than anyone known to man!

No, I get my money back & leave. That's why I don't eat fast food. I order steak about raw so it's hard to screw that up. If I send something back I don't get a replacement order. I just remembered the part in "Supertroopers" when Farva jumps across the counter and kicks that kids butt for spitting in his burger.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Anyone else have any issues corrected by Corbin? I am really interested in the Fleetside fairing and saddle bags but am concerned about the quality and customer service. I sent an email asking questions about both the fairing and bags and also sent a link to this thread. We'll see if they respond. Thanks!

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.