RS Warrior Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I would do everything through a Dealer so they can take care of the inevitable BS. Our Site Sponsor might still be dealing with Corbin so I would use them. Their customer service is very hit and miss. I would say pathetic. Keep us posted since I'm intrigued why Mike Corbin (if he hasn't sold out already) would allow such service to continue.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Anyone else have any issues corrected by Corbin? I am really interested in the Fleetside fairing and saddle bags but am concerned about the quality and customer service. I sent an email asking questions about both the fairing and bags and also sent a link to this thread. We'll see if they respond. Thanks!
just a little hint for fibreglass bubbling. Before you paint your product, pass a heat gun slowly over the surface. Bubbles in the gel coat usually are due to small pockets of air trapped between the gel coat and the layers of fibreglass. When you heat the gel-coat any of these air pockets will usually show up. better to have this happen before you spend time and money on a paint job and then have the heat of the sun bring them to the surface. Most fibreglass fabricators will roll the air out of the fibreglass layers but in mass production environments with changing laborers or in fly by night operations less time or attention is spent in the rolling process. Some fabricators will also try to compensate for the lack of proper fabrication techniques by using a thick layer of gel coat. Gel coat is the weakest part of a fibreglass product. I am not in any way criticizing corbin I am just giving you a hint to try to reduce the possibility of bubbles. Most good painters who do a lot of fibreglass painting will use the heat gun technique before painting.:cool:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Corbin seat

Wow! While researching Corbin seats, I read this thread. If they keep doing business this way, they'll be gone in a couple years. Since Mike Corbin did not have the courtesy to answer the letter the first poster sent to him, I see where the problem is. I was considering a Dual Tourer from Corbin. I'm thankful for this forum. You guys most likely saved me 700 bucks. I think I'll go with the Mustang and mod it to fit. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just to add some info...

I ordered a dual tour back in 2006, it arrived in perfect shape and I had zero complaints about it, except for the fact my wife wouldn't ride on it (said the backrest was to small). I never realized until much later that they had sent me their tiny backrest, not a stock one and it really was to small. The seat itself has been great though, and once I bought a larger backrest my wife is willing to ride :)

I bought a used stinger, which is great except for the part about the cover in the seat area 'bubbling'. Seems to be a common problem with this model seat. It doesn't matter when you are sitting on it, but looks like crap when you are off.

Most recent experience was to order the dual tour seat rail for my wife that will now ride. It took OVER A FREAKING YEAR to receive that rail. After waiting forever, it does not fit correctly. One of the bracket tabs is at a poor angle. Due to the design of the thing it may not be correctable by bending, I may have to cut it off and shave it at the cut and weld it back on. Did I mention I didn't realize the fit problem until after I had it powder coated?

I'll order from Corbin again if they have a style seat that I can only find from them, but I won't take delivery. Only way I would purchase is by picking it up after serious careful inspection at their Ormund Beach location that luckily is close to me.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I bought a used rumbleseat off a forum member here and couldn't be happier with it. Great seat. Prior to that, since I am not far from the Hollister location I was going to go there and buy a new one on their ride in program. Called them to ask a couple of simple questions and the woman I got on the phone was a total bitch.

Great product for the most part, but they do NOT seem to know how to get along with people. Bottom line they lost a sale, I got the seat I wanted for half price.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts