RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

My wife, son, and I were heading home tonight from a Mexican restaurant and saw a complete MORON on his V-Star 650 Classic. We're driving up I-45 north coming out of Houston and into The Woodlands, Texas. For those not familiar with this Interstate it is notorious for cops, crashes and drunk drivers. So we spot this guy on his bike up in the distance swerving and almost hitting the car on his left but narrowly staying in his lane. First thought was, "This guy is drunk riding!". As we begin to pull up on him we see that his helmet is latched onto his sissy bar. OK, now this guy is drunk AND stupid.

OH, it gets better! All of the sudden the guy slows down drastically to say 50 MPH from around 70. Remember,we'reon an Interstate and it'sdark! So we pull around him and see that the guy is looking at his cell phone feverishly TEXTING someone with his left hand and throttling with his right.After we passed him he kept getting further and further back. I saw a couple of pissed off cagers cut him off in my rear view and finally got so far ahead that I lost him. A few miles later, here he comes blasting passed us. I hope he got where he was going but he'sMoron of the Monthin my book.

·
Registered
128 Posts
sheez mike! never ends does it? man i know the stretch of road you're talkin about and there's NO way you could get me out there on a 650! it's bad enough in a car! you folks reading this, he's not kidding about that mess of a freeway, its 8 lanes of mayhem. 4 north, 4 south bound lanes and there are a few exit lanes thrown in just for extra fun. i hope the guy got where he was goin too, but i think moron of the month is definitley his. makes ya wonder what makes people tick.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You've got to be kidding!!!

I love my job!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
**** he will definitely win a "Darwin Award" sometime in the near future i'm sure, but the fact that he "blasted" past ya'll on a VStar 650, as wobbly as those bikes are, is a tad funny to me....lol, your stretch of highway sounds a lot like our I-4 or as they say affectionately around here "Die 4"....

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
He is definitely a MORON. But I also found it funny that a VStar 650 blasted past you. My wife has one and once it gets to 70, accelleration is measured inminutes and mile markers. I'm sure that he will be a stat soon and some lawmaker will use this as another reason to pass another bike law. Lets just hope that he only takes himself out and not someone else also.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
The by-product of our high gas prices (until recently), every idiot and there brother bought a bike or scooter to save on fuel. I saw a guy on a scooter this summer in downtown Cleveland lunch traffic. He had no helmet on and was busy chatting away on a cell phone as he road down a busy 6 lane road, in a suit and tie, of course. I say, give everyone a bike, it will only make the gene pool stronger.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The last time I was in that area we ate at a Mexican place on Tomball Pkwy in a little strip center near Louetta somewhere I believe. I hope that's not where you ate yours because partway through our meal we started seeing roach after roach and before we could bring it to the managers attention to explain why we were leaving without paying we had counted 7 right around our table. The place was PACKED full too, I couldn't believe it. The guy tried to offer us several free meals which I would have found hilarious if I wasn't so grossed out and frustrated at the situation. Anyway, that was over a year ago so they're probably out of business by now but don't eat there!

There's a video of a guy reclined back texting with both hands with his feet up on the handlebars somewhere on here, have you seen that one? Completely insane and there was traffic all around him. They weren't flying around at I-45 speeds but still pretty crazy looking video.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
That is stupid.Unfortunately I know a few guys that drink pretty good when riding.Atleast none of them use their phones also. Hope he made it to where he was going. Makes us all look stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts